aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

• 4 weeks later...

Lana Del Rey's new song is glorious, aside from the cringe-worthy verse 'Money is the reason we exist, everybody knows it, it's a fact, kiss kiss'. Anybody on here digging Lianne La Havas? Heard a few of her songs dotted about various shows on Radio1, awesome voice and riffage. Cool lyrics too.

She also seemed very smart and articulate on the radio yesterday during an interview, think I've got a slight crush.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More pop!

I've just been put on to Thorunn Antonia whose album is definitely my fave pop release of the past few months. Best since Marina's earlier in the year probably.

Think it could find a fan or two here.

I've been hearing lots of really good things about the Carly Rae Jepsen album but I've not checked it out. Feel it might be a bit too cheesy teen pop for my liking.

And the most exciting news today is that Kesha's new album has been given a release date of 4th December.

NO!!!!

Her facebook status last week said Barcelona but I assumed it was just a wee holiday. I've heard nothing of a gig. In fact I've heard nothing of her doing any gigs anywhere.

edit - ah there was a link to a picture in the tweet which didn't open right on my phone and it's for the gig. This is amazing news. Shame there's almost no way I'll get anyone to come along with me.