aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

That song always sounded like a big radio hit, surprising it took so long really. Think they're finally getting an album released outside Sweden soon too.

And Flights did you ever listen to this album?

Doesn't feel like I've liked as many pop albums from this year as the last couple, but the Charlixcx being so good has gone along way to making up for it.

Had a wee listen just now, it's good. The stay away line reminds me of the chorus of bang bang by mark ronson.

• 2 weeks later...

Once in a lifetime is my favourite by the Heads, or maybe Psycho Killer.

We were trying to get an acoustic act to do Africa after our set in the Queen Vic on Sunday. The Andy Mckee version but Africa none the less!

Any word on our favourite B&Q employee/ Pop princess Nadia Oh? That 90's dance track you posted a while back was a drop in form. 

• Upvote 2

I really couldn't say what my favourite talking heads is. Anything from the first half of Remain in Light would be a good choice but on some days I'd probably pick Fear of Music as my favourite album. And on the later albums when they weren't quite as consistent you still got great tracks Road To Nowhere.

No word about her I'm afraid, last update was her saying she was in the studio but that was months ago. I'd completely forgotten about that trash song. I wish you hadn't reminded me of it!

I'll be in Aberdeen on Sunday, if Africa is getting played I might have to come along!!!

Edited by Paranoid Android

I really couldn't say what my favourite talking heads is. Anything from the first half of Remain in Light would be a good choice but on some days I'd probably pick Fear of Music as my favourite album. And on the later albums when they weren't quite as consistent you still got great tracks Road To Nowhere.

No word about her I'm afraid, last update was her saying she was in the studio but that was months ago. I'd completely forgotten about that trash song. I wish you hadn't reminded me of it!

I'll be in Aberdeen on Sunday, if Africa is getting played I might have to come along!!!

I think once Bryne dictating them near the end they lost their sparkle.

It was Sunday past! I'm putting a gig on on Saturday night though if you fancy it? (shameless plug).

Ah I misread your post before. I'm afraid I'm at a wedding on Saturday so I'll have to give it a miss.

Fuck that Sidca are playing! :p

Ah no worries! I was secretly hoping for an international prime stalk.

There seems to be a few folk with a wedding on Saturday. If it's the same one it could be a ab music fest stalk a thon.

• 1 month later...

i meant to post this on "what are you currently listening to" sorry but no im 15 and i hope kesha gets hit by a bus

What has she ever done to you?

I've been enjoying the Ariane Grande album lately, some of it is absolutely terrible, there's a song with MIka  :down: but a lot of it is brilliant.

http://youtu.be/a230NOapXTs

CHARLI XCX ?@charli_xcx 20m

Okay.... So I'm releasing a new video next week...

CHARLI XCX ?@charli_xcx 20m

And it's the first song of my 2nd album...!!!

YAAAASSS!!! Maybe she'll have the pop album of the year twice in a row!

Someone who should take notes about getting albums out is Sky Ferreira but apparently her first one is going to be released soon, at last.

Trailer for a new song