aberdeen-music

Completely random..yet funny...i think

~Joanna~

This has to be one of the weirdest drinking stories ever, so i just thought id leave it 4 u all 2 see.

Last night, me and a few friends was having a drink in the woods (as you do), and as i was sobering up, the police came, so we had 2 run into a different part of the woods. Unknown to us, where we just happened to stop and hide, was a wasps hive. So after standing there for about 5minutes, i thought i got stung by a nettle, so i jumped and then it was like a little mexican wave of pain up my legs. Everyone looked at me, wondering what the hell was wrong, and then sum1 shouted "Wasps!".

Me and my friend Steph got hit the worst, we had to run behind a bush and take of all our clothes so we could stop being stung. As that didnt help, we then had to run through the golf course that was next to the woods (still almost topless, i put my trousers back on by this point) to get away from those flying fiends.

Managing to get home about 20minutes later, my mum stayed up with me till about 2-3am, soaking me in vinegar. She counted about 20 stings.

And this morning, i went to put last nights clothes in the wash and found a wasp in my sock.

This story will be hilarious in about a week....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it this happened after i left then cos becky came in and told me at my work that you were both off work, damn sounds funny as hell as well, musta hurt like a bitch though, Delly i am guessing this took place in duff house woods and golf course in banff

wasps' date='slains,cocktails,shoes,terrifying[/quote']

haha, that was hilarious. i never knew it would take them so long to die! after being chopped in half of course.

I'm not sure I understand why taking off your clothes would help..

Wouldn't that just make your skin more accessible?

The larger the surface area, the more likely the reaction? And all that jazz..

I've been stung by a wasp whilst playing (busking as a band in Inverness about 10 years ago) - of course, being the consummate professional I am, I continued playing while my wasp-fearing bandmates scattered screaming around me.

I've also been stung three times by the same bumble bee, which I found inside my pillowcase - which wasn't the nicest thing to find just as you're going to bed - turned out that we had a bumblebee nest outside the bedroom window. But if I was a bumblebee, I'm sure I'd be doing some stinging if someone my size tried to sleep on me.

Flossie

I've been stung by a wasp whilst playing (busking as a band in Inverness about 10 years ago) - of course' date=' being the consummate professional I am, I continued playing while my wasp-fearing bandmates scattered screaming around me.

I've also been stung three times by the same bumble bee, which I found inside my pillowcase - which wasn't the nicest thing to find just as you're going to bed - turned out that we had a bumblebee nest outside the bedroom window. But if I was a bumblebee, I'm sure I'd be doing some stinging if someone my size tried to sleep on me.

Flossie[/quote']

Couldnt of been a bumblebee, they can only sting once then their inside get ripped out along with its sting!