aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Chelski Napoli tonight. What are we thinking? I actually think Napoli are going to win, I don't think Chelsea can stop the front 3 of Napoli and the Bridge really isn't the fortress it once was.

Napoli are toothless against teams who play deep to neutralise their counter-attacks, which has seen them throw away lots of points this season. Chelsea probably won't do this as they need to score at least twice, so I reckon Napoli will get at least one or two. Neither team is blessed in defence either. I'll go with 2-1 to either team.

Can't believe no-one has mentioned Bayern gubbing Basel last night. Great game. Super Mario!!!!!

Right on. The real Super Mario. I was flicking between that and the Merseyside derby. Pretty much everytime I flicked to the Bayern game I was immediately watching a replay of a goal I missed. It really could have been more if Robben wasn't so greedy sometimes.

Chelsea seem to be a bit rejuvenated since AVB left the 'project' but a big test tonight. By tomorrow night all the English teams could well be out of Europe! Think tonight's game is a hard one to predict, obviously Chelsea are up against it but an early goal could lead to the Italians panicking a wee bit.

Meanwhile down in the toilet land of the BSP, second win on the bounce for Cambridge last night and good to see our 15k striker getting his first goal for the club. What was even better was the manager throwing four up front with 5 mins to go and we went all gung ho and got the winner! Nice when a tactical plan works! Thing is can see his thinking, we're officially safe from relegation this season so might as well try a few things out! Could still make a late charge for the play offs but highly unlikely I would suggest. Bring on Gateshead on Saturday!

You think so? I thought they looked a bad at home to Stoke at the weekend. A team of Stoke's calibre being reduced to 10 men so early in the game, Chelsea shyould have twatted them. They struggled, though a very nice goal settled it. Should be a good game tonight though. So much good football on at the moment. Feels like it's been constant since Saturday afternoon.

Right on. The real Super Mario. I was flicking between that and the Merseyside derby. Pretty much everytime I flicked to the Bayern game I was immediately watching a replay of a goal I missed. It really could have been more if Robben wasn't so greedy sometimes.

Aye with Shaqiri arriving in the summer Robben's attitude has got to change or he'll be off. He's been in trouble numerous time's this season for moaning and has spent a good chunk of the season either injured or benched for being a fudd. He's just been increadibly inconsistant on the field this season as well, he actually played really well last night he was just eager to get on the scoresheet, which is good when the team is winning by a cunt load but not so much when you're 2-0 down against Bayer Leverkusen. Super Mario is even more on the money this season than he was last season, 34 goals in 36 games in all competitions (39 in 45 last year), he's an absolute machine.

Aye with Shaqiri arriving in the summer Robben's attitude has got to change or he'll be off. He's been in trouble numerous time's this season for moaning and has spent a good chunk of the season either injured or benched for being a fudd. He's just been increadibly inconsistant on the field this season as well, he actually played really well last night he was just eager to get on the scoresheet, which is good when the team is winning by a cunt load but not so much when you're 2-0 down against Bayer Leverkusen. Super Mario is even more on the money this season than he was last season, 34 goals in 36 games in all competitions (39 in 45 last year), he's an absolute machine.

There's a lot of rumours swirling about that Robben is on the move and with Shaqiri coming in like you said that looks even more likely. Which is fine for Bayern as they get a younger less high maintenance player.

Be interesting to see where he would go though, I don't think any other teams in Germany would pay what he would expect at his age. Back to England maybe?

There's a lot of rumours swirling about that Robben is on the move and with Shaqiri coming in like you said that looks even more likely. Which is fine for Bayern as they get a younger less high maintenance player.

Be interesting to see where he would go though, I don't think any other teams in Germany would pay what he would expect at his age. Back to England maybe?

He's only 28, still a great player, i just think he's become a bit complacent and as always a little injury prone. I reckon if his attitude changes he'll be first choice on the right with Shaqiri as his understudy, if not i'd imagine England or Italy (AC Milan rumours rife at Bayern at the moment) will be his likely destination. Muller can play out on the right as well so it's not like we need him as such, it's just nice to have that sort of wealth of talented options.

Ribery has looked awesome this season as well, as has Schweinsteiger (pity he's had a few injuries) and Kroos. Bit disappointed with the back four this season though Badstuber and Boateng need some time to gel together and Breno has been injured most of the season (when he's not been setting fire to his own house) and Van Buyten has never been up to the pace of the European game though he has been a decent enough option in the league. The flanks look the most exposed though with Lahm having to switch between both sides as Rafinha and Contento have been utter liabilities at times.

I've been pleased with the progress of younger players like Alaba and Can though (hopefully Can will manage his conversion to CB well, though he's a good option in DM, it's just unfortunate that there are shedloads of players already in the team that can play there). Dale Jennings looked good in the games he played for FCB II until he got crocked too.