aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

There's a spectacular array of racist and sectarian abuse on the facebook page linking to this story. Completely missing the detail that it was probably Scots that complained.

It is ridiculous. Stupid that they can't even admit why it's been removed and even more stupid that they'll have to put them back on next year when it becomes a single Scotland wide brigade.

There's a spectacular array of racist and sectarian abuse on the facebook page linking to this story. Completely missing the detail that it was probably Scots that complained.

It is ridiculous. Stupid that they can't even admit why it's been removed and even more stupid that they'll have to put them back on next year when it becomes a single Scotland wide brigade.

i don't understand the Fire Service's actions here (probably because we haven't been told the whole story). But some of the posts on the STV facebook story are a far bigger disgrace than anything the Firies might have done.

"Fking idiots min put the flag back up fits the world coming to when you can't even wave your own flag in your own country Fk off u immigrants"

"I find it offensive to see a mosque but i cant do anything about it!"

• Upvote 1

As a follow up:

http://pitchfork.com/news/48732-andrew-wk-releases-statement-on-cancelled-bahrain-trip-hits-back-at-us-state-department/

"I still would love to go and I vow to continue partying, and working everyday to unite our human race through the power of positive partying.”

Maybe a bit late but it is a roll off. Between 50k and 60k it rolls off as you earn more stopping at the combined salary of 60k, it was announced in the budget in May.

That's still a pretty small window for the roll off. It shout start reducing at somewhere around £30k and be completely stopped by £50 (just plucking numbers out of the sky there, but you get the gist.)

xx

The evening express are today reporting that you can see Jupiter, or maybe Saturn (they're not sure), in the sky when it's clear. Even better, it's really rather bright.

*bangs head against brick wall and despairs for humanity*

I saw that. Another victory for their peerless research. It's not exactly hard to find out which fucking planet is going to be visible beside a full moon, it's not as though there's a lack of astronomy websites or anything.

For the record it was Jupiter.

The EE seem to have now consulted some experts -

"A “STRIKING” sighting of a planet next to the moon was seen over the city.

The small dot, which experts have confirmed as Jupiter, could be seen through the clear sky in Aberdeen.

A Met Office spokesman admitted it was common to see other planets in the North-east skies. But he described this sighting as “striking”.

Although the caption on the photo still says "A planet, believed to be Saturn or Jupiter, could be seen next to the moon from Aberdeen"...

Useless rag.

The EE seem to have now consulted some experts -

"A “STRIKING” sighting of a planet next to the moon was seen over the city.

The small dot, which experts have confirmed as Jupiter, could be seen through the clear sky in Aberdeen.

A Met Office spokesman admitted it was common to see other planets in the North-east skies. But he described this sighting as “striking”.

Although the caption on the photo still says "A planet, believed to be Saturn or Jupiter, could be seen next to the moon from Aberdeen"...

Useless rag.

How much you betting they got that confirmation from this site?

• Upvote 1

it is particularly bright, and we were admiring it as we left work the other day, but Jupiter is often visible and they could easily have just looked it up or downloaded stellarium to check. even most phones can download and run a variety of apps which will tell you what's in the night sky at a particular time.

it just makes them look like a bunch of backwater morons who are amazed that the world isn't flat. oh...wait...

Another gem from their site today:

MYSTERIOUS saltire flags have been appearing across Aberdeen.

The brightly-painted blue and white wooden signs have been stuck to fences, trees and lampposts in streets around the city.

The identity of who is behind the flags is a mystery.

I'm guessing it's the same ultra-nationalists that have been painting saltires on rocks and putting up wooden saltires by roads for the last few years. It's not a new thing and barely a mystery.

Another gem from their site today:

I'm guessing it's the same ultra-nationalists that have been painting saltires on rocks and putting up wooden saltires by roads for the last few years. It's not a new thing and barely a mystery.

I've always wondered who done these though. There's some near KFC at the haudag the hada the bottom of north anderson drive.

• Upvote 3

"IE Sucks...less" is Microsoft's new ad campaign for IE?

Smart direction to move in IMHO. Denying all knowledge of the fact that IE is/was universally loathed would just make them appear behind the times and as clueless as ever. By having a bit of self-awareness, they actually give some credit to the claims that they're improving.

xx