aberdeen-music

Im am soooooooo sick of this

cool1

Aberdeen seems like a scary place to cycle around. Are there cycle lanes anywhere at all?

Lesley can't you get one of those week tickets that are only 15 or something?

If I used the bus everyday then yeah I'd get one of the saver tickets. For the most part, I just get up early and get a lift into town with my Dad.

My other major annoyance with Stagecoach is that my last bus at the weekend is 11.35pm. I understand that they stopped the night buses due to trouble and people abusing the driver but surely they should be looking to reinstate them at some point?

Guest idol_wild
Last time I was home I think it was about 3 from Portlethen to Aberdeen, only a 15-20 journey.

I was back in Portlethen a couple of weeks ago, and it was almost a fiver return from Aberdeen!

Stagecoach is not cheap.

Aberdeen is not cheap generally.

agreed the 27 was the bain of my life also

stupid timetable with 45 min gaps, sometimes even over an hour gap. recently they stopped the buses between 9am and 3pm because there wasnt enough people using them that time.

to start work at 9:00, i had to get the 7:45 bus taking me to the back of kirkhill ind est, with a little 15 min walk i was on time with half an hour to spare. if i missed that one, the next one would be a half 8 or something not getting me to work in time. if i jumped on the 21 to dyce it left me with a fair walk from dyce village to overton which is a fair hike first thing in the morning always turning up 5 mins late or so. the amount of times i've been down there for 7:45 and the bus hasn't turned up untill well passed 8. well at least I dont have to go there anymore

If I used the bus everyday then yeah I'd get one of the saver tickets. For the most part, I just get up early and get a lift into town with my Dad.

My other major annoyance with Stagecoach is that my last bus at the weekend is 11.35pm. I understand that they stopped the night buses due to trouble and people abusing the driver but surely they should be looking to reinstate them at some point?

It's annoying but I don't blame them for stopping the night buses - the amount of folk on the Inverurie bus who would smoke upstairs was ridiculous, and some thought it was funny to take a piss or shit at the back of the bus. It was just gross.

agreed the 27 was the bain of my life also

stupid timetable with 45 min gaps, sometimes even over an hour gap. recently they stopped the buses between 9am and 3pm because there wasnt enough people using them that time.

to start work at 9:00, i had to get the 7:45 bus taking me to the back of kirkhill ind est, with a little 15 min walk i was on time with half an hour to spare. if i missed that one, the next one would be a half 8 or something not getting me to work in time. if i jumped on the 21 to dyce it left me with a fair walk from dyce village to overton which is a fair hike first thing in the morning always turning up 5 mins late or so. the amount of times i've been down there for 7:45 and the bus hasn't turned up untill well passed 8. well at least I dont have to go there anymore

It once took an hour and three quarters to get to union street from Kirkhill, not including the half hour wait for the bus itself.

It just seemed to arrive whenever it felt like it. During peak times, it's surely the busiest service in Aberdeen, no? The bus out to Badentoy is certainly a lot more pleasant.

When I was a regular on the 27, I couldn;t get a monthly pass or anything either because I often did overtime and had to get a stagecoach bus home so it wouldn;t have been worth it. Also, I was too early to get the cheap day ticket. My commute cost me a fucking fortune back then.

I fuckin hated firstbus when i lived in Aberdeen. Every journey seemed to take half an hour longer than it should've. When I first moved into toon it was a pound for a single and it just seemed to go up every other week. The company is based in Aberdeen right? Then why is the bus system in the HQ town so prehistoric? No automatic ticket machines, gotta have the right change, you have to show the driver your return ticket stub. It all just seems so shit compared with other cities.

I fuckin hated firstbus when i lived in Aberdeen. Every journey seemed to take half an hour longer than it should've. When I first moved into toon it was a pound for a single and it just seemed to go up every other week. The company is based in Aberdeen right? Then why is the bus system in the HQ town so prehistoric? No automatic ticket machines, gotta have the right change, you have to show the driver your return ticket stub. It all just seems so shit compared with other cities.

from april 1 will now only get people 2 stops up the road

now that you mention number of stops, I think it was actually 60p for the lowest amount of stops.

How are running costs constantly going up yet they've made no improvements. Aside from petrol, what are these skyrocketing running costs that make the ticket prices go up?

there running prices are not really going up there using it as a excuse

I wouldn't cycle on Union Street with all the overlapping buses. Scary. King Street is very cycle friendly though.

King Street is fucked thanks to the buses. Anyone else notice the amount of pot-holes between the Uni and the Bridge, okay I think the council are actually sorting this out but fuck me it's like riding a wagon on a set of rock-pools.

what is someone wanted to walk from dubford to altens :) not so small now

Get a bike is the best thing I can recommend. I can't be arsed getting into how unfair First are, how much I despise them, their pricing, their service or the company in general and how it treats it's customers but it helped push me into getting a bicycle, one of the best choices I've ever made. :up:

Get a bike is the best thing I can recommend. I can't be arsed getting into how unfair First are, how much I despise them, their pricing, their service or the company in general and how it treats it's customers but it helped push me into getting a bicycle, one of the best choices I've ever made. :up:

normally when you lock bikes up people take it to bits