aberdeen-music

Reincarnation

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
I'm in the exact same boat. I wish i had the balls to take part in a seance, but i'd need to do it with people i absolutely trust not to dick about, pretend shit is happening just to scare you, move the glass or whatever.

I was once relayed a story by my neighbour's dad when my neighbour and I casually told him we were imminently planning to do a Ouija board. I'd estimate that my neighbour, John, and I were about 11 or 12 years old - we were at least in first year at secondary school.

John's dad sat us down and told us a story about him and his then girlfriend, who attempted a Ouija board when they were around 15 and lived in Germany. The story was relatively brief but it outlined in no uncertain terms just exactly why we shouldn't ever do a Ouija board. I'll never fucking forget the look in his eyes when he told us the story and showed us a scar. His eyes then began to water and he had to leave the room, for fear of crying before us. Crying infront of your 12 year old son and his neighbour pal isn't something many men would want to do. He was quite a stoic guy, and this affected me heavily - it possibly ignited my interest in the paranormal, too.

Don't do a Ouija board. It may all be absolutely nonsense, of course. Why take the risk?

We used to do them at school reasonably regularly, and nothing ever happened. Maybe we were using the wrong incantation, I don't know ;)

I must confess that I absolutely don't believe in god, reincarnation, karma, "what's for you won't go by you" or any kind of afterlife. I have war dreams all the time, but I reckon that's because I'm an historian rather than because I was a Tommy in 1915 with a jammed Lee Enfield.

Why is it that people who have Ouija stories seem reluctant to regale us with them? Shit or get off the pot.

Fear of ridicule ;)

Never done a ouija board actually, messed around with seances a lot as a teenager, nothing happened. Then one day something actually happened that I know I didn't imagine because 5 other people saw it. Never done it since, never would.

Fear of ridicule ;)

Never done a ouija board actually, messed around with seances a lot as a teenager, nothing happened. Then one day something actually happened that I know I didn't imagine because 5 other people saw it. Never done it since, never would.

Spill on the seance then. Deets or it didn't happen!

I saw a really interesting documentary on the telly about reincarnation a few years ago. All anecdotal evidence of individuals, of course, but some of it was really inexplicable. In particular, people manifesting birth marks that correspond to death wounds of the persons they claimed to be previously.

I'm sceptical, myself. Although sometimes, when I'm feeling extra world weary, I wonder how many times I've bumbled through it all and whether I should maybe give Buddha a spin.

Guest idol_wild
Why is it that people who have Ouija stories seem reluctant to regale us with them? Shit or get off the pot.

Already there's a patronising overtone in this thread from those who don't believe (which I thoroughly expected, really), so I don't think many people are too willing to share their own accounts.

I'm glad I started the thread though, there's been some useful posts.

If you have about an hour to waste, this really is a good watch, believer or not.

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 1 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 2 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 3 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 4 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 5 of 5

I remember R.E. at school, we watched a video about reincarnation and of how this young boy from India or something like that was able to remember details of his past life, he even had a scar on his head that matched the bullet his former self was killed with. They tracked down the widow and they were able to talk about details only they would know. Spooky for sure. But it could have been made up.

It's hard to understand let alone debate, we have no real evidence to suggest that we do recycle our souls but if we do I hope I come back and live in Hawaii as a Dolphin. Would love it.

I used to believe we were able to reincarnate ourselves based on how we we treated the natural World. As a mirror of what we truly were in one life we would represent in another. Like if you were a prick and treated everyone like scum you'd come back as a Fly, if you stood up for the World you lived in, a Lion, and so forth. But now I see that all animals and insects have traits that make them special.

Already there's a patronising overtone in this thread from those who don't believe (which I thoroughly expected, really), so I don't think many people are too willing to share their own accounts.

I'm glad I started the thread though, there's been some useful posts.

If you have about an hour to waste, this really is a good watch, believer or not.

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 1 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 2 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 3 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 4 of 5

YouTube - Boy Remembers Past Life - Open your Mind - Part 5 of 5

Sorry if i came across like that. It just seems strange that people clam up when pressed for details. I'm interested and fairly open minded but despite having taken part in a few of these sorts of things i've never seen or experienced anything otherworldly.

Guest idol_wild
Sorry if i came across like that. It just seems strange that people clam up when pressed for details. I'm interested and fairly open minded but despite having taken part in a few of these sorts of things i've never seen or experienced anything otherworldly.

Like I say, I expected the patronising because we all know what we can be like on these forums. I'm sure I've revelled in patronisation in the past. It's all fun. :up:

My personal Ouija board stories are shite - I initially tried it with my friend Neil, probably not long before the incident in my previous Ouija related post, and obviously nothing happened. I'd say on 99% of instances, nothing genuine happens. I'm happy to share the story that was told sincerely (and emotionally) to me. I was just at work earlier and I need to limit the time I spend sitting typing out posts on forums!

Ray (John's dad) was in his mid-teens, living in Germany (I really can't remember where), and he had a girlfriend who he tended to spend most of his out of school time with. His girlfriend lived in a farmstead, just outside the town Ray lived in, and the farm had been in the family for hundreds of years. Nothing strange had ever occurred at the farm before, and by all accounts, it was a very happy and warm place to bring up a family and run a business.

Ray and his girlfriend had been dabbling with the supernatural out of curiosity, and talked about doing a Ouija board after being told silly stories about them by pals at school. On the farm, there were a number of little out-houses, which were mainly multi-functional storage spaces by this point. One, however, was unused and Ray's girlfriend and her siblings were given permission for that out-house to be their own space to safely hang out. It was described to me as a small square concrete building, of a size between a modern day shed and domestic garage. The walls were white washed, there were no windows and the door was a big heavy wooden brute of a thing. They decided they'd do the Ouija together in there, with candles and all that fucking shit set up.

So they made their own Ouija board using a square blackboard, and writing the characters in chalk. They used a small drinking glass as the spirit container/indicator. They both placed two fingers on top of the glass, asked it a series of questions, and absolutely nothing happened for between five and ten minutes. So they began asking silly questions and giggling, thinking it was all nonsense. Then apparently the room felt as if it went really cold. They thought nothing of it, and merely put their jackets on and cuddled/rubbed each other warm. They went back to it and asked it more questions, and to their astonishment, the glass started to move. It wasn't a strong enough pull or push to indicate any of the characters, and they both suspected and accused each other of moving it, but they both denied it.

They still asked some questions, then suddenly the pull and push on the indicator got slightly stronger, and it slowly spelled out "T E U F E L", before a sudden crack/split was noticed up the side of the glass. Ray and his girlfriend immediately removed their fingers from the top (well, bottom really, the glass was obviously upside down), the glass shattered, Ray stood up, and he all of a sudden felt a really powerful feeling of pressure on his chest (he was quick to say it wasn't painful - just the feeling of pressure) and he was pushed back against the wooden door, which broke open due to the force. He has a sizeable scar on his upper back/shoulder, which he claims was the result of being thrown through the door. They never did a Ouija board after that, and I never tried it again after hearing that.

Like I said previously, Ray was a very stoic and straight up man - showed little emotion and looked a little like a dark haired and slightly slimmer Hulk Hogan (facial hair especially). I remember that throughout the telling of the story, his eyes had a really strange, sad look about them and his face seemed to go pale - I can still picture his face to this day; don't think I'll ever forget it. He looked like a different person when he was telling us the story. His eyes began to water slightly near the end of the story, so he left the room, presumably not wanting to actually weep in front of his son and his pal from across the street. So John and I just watched MTV in silence (I remember it was an EMF song that was on), and I have no idea to this day what John thought, but my interest was thoroughly aroused. Ray returned to the room about five minutes later, and showed us the scarring on his upper back and shoulder.

I still to this day believe every word Ray said to me.

Guest idol_wild

For the record, I'm absolutely open to the possibility that this is fabricated and written with actors. But if it is, they're very very very good actors.

Guest idol_wild
What does TEUFEL mean?

I remember asking my parents this immediately afterwards - they had no idea. I didn't think to ask Ray. Later in my life, once I had regular internet access and learned how to search (when I was 18/19), and recalled the story, I discovered it's German for "devil".

That's not to say that whatever spelled that out was the devil. Upon further research, there are arguments to suggest that a lot of malevolent spirits pretend to be Satan to spread more fear into the people they are victimising.

Wow thats messed up.

I remember doing the "I believe in Bloody Mary" chant with four of my friends when we were about 7. To this day I'm not sure what I saw but whatever it was scared the absolute shit out of me.

I recall going round to a friends house for this specific reason in Inverurie in like 1987 or something, we all agreed and went into the bathroom, turned off the light, held hands and did the chant which I think you've got to do around 10 times or something. I was completely unconvinced this would work and naturally the skeptic I took part for the fear of not being in the group. Anyways, we did the chant and after perhaps the 10th time this greeny-white thing actually appeared on the wall for a brief second before we opened the door and let the light in, and ourselves out.

Like I say there's no definate explanation of what it actually was but I definately seen this shimmery greeny-white movement on the wall, from that night on I needed a night-light. Not anymore of course :(

Guest idol_wild
Ouija boards were invented by an American businessman in the 19th century as a game. There's nothing supernatural about them; they work via unconscious or conscious movements.

Ouija - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're essentially correct, but they were derived.

It never worked for me, and really, I don't think I expected it to. But still, it was quite an adrenalin fuelled thrill at the time.

I love the wee Mars Volta reference in the Wiki entry. Is that actually true? Can any fans verify this? Problem with Wiki is the public user interface, and wise-asses thinking they're funny.

Wow thats messed up.

I remember doing the "I believe in Bloody Mary" chant with four of my friends when we were about 7. To this day I'm not sure what I saw but whatever it was scared the absolute shit out of me.

I recall going round to a friends house for this specific reason in Inverurie in like 1987 or something, we all agreed and went into the bathroom, turned off the light, held hands and did the chant which I think you've got to do around 10 times or something. I was completely unconvinced this would work and naturally the skeptic I took part for the fear of not being in the group. Anyways, we did the chant and after perhaps the 10th time this greeny-white thing actually appeared on the wall for a brief second before we opened the door and let the light in, and ourselves out.

Like I say there's no definate explanation of what it actually was but I definately seen this shimmery greeny-white movement on the wall, from that night on I needed a night-light. Not anymore of course :(

Is it not meant to be said three times in the mirror and then she appears and pokes your eyes out? That's what my mates told me in Primary 7.

With reference to mediums, one of the acts in the 19th century that really helped to bring them to the mainstream were the Fox sisters. They eventually confessed that it had all been a hoax, started as a joke to fool their older siblings. Unfortunately it was too late by that point and the spiritualism movement they started just carried on and ignored their confession.

Fox sisters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guest idol_wild
With reference to mediums, one of the acts in the 19th century that really helped to bring them to the mainstream were the Fox sisters. They eventually confessed that it had all been a hoax, started as a joke to fool their older siblings. Unfortunately it was too late by that point and the spiritualism movement they started just carried on and ignored their confession.

Fox sisters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More recently, Derren Brown has been involved in shows which debunk the sceance idea too. Can't remember the show, and it's possibly available online, but it was a good watch.