aberdeen-music

Moyles going for 51hrs!

Benji

but he didn't raise the money. the 2.4 million raised didn't come from chris moyles and "comedy" dave's wallets, it came from their audience. just seems a bit annoying that they'll get all the credit for raising the money when it wasn't them.

let me pre-empt any responses by saying that it is a fantastic amount of money to raise. well done to everyone and anyone who donated any money.

What's the point of fundraising activities at all then? Surely he was just raising awareness. Doesn't that merit some sort of recognition at all or is the fact that he donated his time to the cause not matter at all?

I don't think anyone's taking any credit and i don't think anyone out there is stupid enough to think that Chris Moyles is responsible for the money himself. I'm sure you appreciate that it's not about the recognition anyway.

but he didn't raise the money. the 2.4 million raised didn't come from chris moyles and "comedy" dave's wallets, it came from their audience. just seems a bit annoying that they'll get all the credit for raising the money when it wasn't them.

let me pre-empt any responses by saying that it is a fantastic amount of money to raise. well done to everyone and anyone who donated any money.

Jeepers, these pedantic responses are wearing thin. Seriously why do people feel the need to respond in such a manner, he RAISED the bloody cash by doing what he did. Get over it.

What's the point of fundraising activities at all then? Surely he was just raising awareness. Doesn't that merit some sort of recognition at all or is the fact that he donated his time to the cause not matter at all?

I don't think anyone's taking any credit and i don't think anyone out there is stupid enough to think that Chris Moyles is responsible for the money himself. I'm sure you appreciate that it's not about the recognition anyway.

i just tend to view these kind of things with a huge degree of cynicism. all that people will talk about is 'ooh aren't they great for doing this, what wonderful human beings, chris moyles saved the world' etc etc ignoring who actually donated the money. maybe i just need to know different people!

having said that, i do admire the fact that they raised awareness/inspired people to donate money.

i know it's not about the recognition, but yeah, like i said, i can't help but view this kind of thing with a degree of suspicion. but that's only because i don't trust the motives of most people. that's just me, unfortunately. i can't help but be distrusting and cynical.

ANYWAY

any money raised for charity = a good thing

His hund raising aside; my opinion of him is that he's a cunt. I don't need to give him a break because he, with the help of his listeners, raised a vast sum of money for charity. I should be glad that money does get raised for charity, but I don't need to change my opinion of someone because they've done a good deed.

Maybe a 'Chris Moyles is a cunt' thread should be started. This would keep slagging of him and praise for his charity work separate.

Isn't this just part of the job if you work for the bbc and are reasonably high profile? Everyone has to do their bit for comic/sport relief or Children in Need eventually.

True. Reggie Yates went and lived in a slum in Kenya for a week with no money and had to earn his keep by emptying open latrines. And Scott Mills trekked across some desert. I'm sure it was something handed down to him rather than sonething he did off his own back. I can't stand the cunt personally, fucking gobby fat arsehole. I didn't listen to one minute of his 52 hour show.