aberdeen-music

Ab-mus freecycling thread

ZeromiserY

Wood.

Maple, to be specific.

Looking to start a bass build and hoping to start with the neck, so a couple of feet worth of maple 2x4 would be awesome. Otherwise, a nice big slab of maple/rosewood/any other tonewood for a body would be lovely.

Long shot I know, but I'm hoping someone on here is a joiner and might have some off cuts of timber they could shanghai for me....?

xx

Guest Gladstone

Does anyone have a squash racket gathering dust...?

Willing to trade or pay small amount of cash. I can't think of anything I've got that would be tradeable - give me some ideas and I'll see if I can come up with the goods...

Guest Gladstone
You can pick a squash racket up for about 15 which will more than do the job for a weekly game or whatever. Squash is ace, I'd like to start playing again so if you ever fancy a game give me a shout.

Then we can fuck in the shower afterwards and it'll be nice.

I'm trying to play squash for as little money as possible...

My mate's work has a corporate membership, so I'm going to get a weekly game going against him for free. If I can also get a squash racket for next to nothing, I'll be delighted (by next to nothing I mean less than even 15 because I'm proper skint just now...)

Once I've had a bit more practice* I'll give you a shout.

*at fucking in the shower

I also have a twin tape deck and a radio tuner separates for a hi fi going spare. The radio needs an aerial as I lost mine. Both are Yamaha and in good condition.

I have the matching Yamaha CD deck too, which is only surplus to requirements because it's massive and ever so slightly too big to fit on my stereo unit. It's a 5 disc multi changer.

I also have a twin tape deck and a radio tuner separates for a hi fi going spare. The radio needs an aerial as I lost mine. Both are Yamaha and in good condition.

I have the matching Yamaha CD deck too, which is only surplus to requirements because it's massive and ever so slightly too big to fit on my stereo unit. It's a 5 disc multi changer.

I could take them all off your hands...do you need anything I can trade you for them?

Any interest in this beast?

p1010802-800_original.jpg

I put it up for sale last year but didn't get any bites, don't think there's much of a market for big stereos any more. Would be loathe to let it go for free, but happy to consider any swaps. I think I lost the radio aerial somewhere along the way. It has a remote control which I think I still have. It's just sitting in a cupboard which is a shame because it sounds absolutely immense, but I don't have room for it just now.

Dunno how much of a market there is for good old fashioned bulky-ass stereos these days, but fuck it, hopefully someone will fancy this...

LG Stereo, 3 CD changer, turntable, twin tape decks (yeah!) and radio. Big fuck off speakers that are louder than hell. LCD screen. Excellent condition. Bought this new from Argos about 4 years ago.

This is the best sounding stereo I have ever owned, the bass response from the speakers is fantastic, you can stand in front of the speakers and feel the air pumping out. Dunno how loud it goes, but it's fucking loud. It can go to full volume without distorting in the slightest. It might not be the most modern looking beast, but in terms of sound quality it's top notch. The record player works perfectly, but for some reason it starts to feed back if you turn it up too loud.

It's got an auxilliary input in the back so you can plug in an iPod or a mixer or whatever you fancy. I used route my decks through it I was DJing in the house, which the neighbours loved.

Selling reluctantly but need the space. :down:

Open to offers.

Guest Gladstone
Any interest in this beast?

I put it up for sale last year but didn't get any bites, don't think there's much of a market for big stereos any more. Would be loathe to let it go for free, but happy to consider any swaps. I think I lost the radio aerial somewhere along the way. It has a remote control which I think I still have. It's just sitting in a cupboard which is a shame because it sounds absolutely immense, but I don't have room for it just now.

I would like that motherfucker.

I am pretty broke just now though so can't really give you any cash for it (or my wife would kick me in the face). What sort of thing could I swap for it? Fuck knows what I've got going spare, I'll have a think...

I could take them all off your hands...do you need anything I can trade you for them?

The only thing I'm after is a CD deck for a Hi Fi that is much smaller than the one I have now, the Yamaha one. It's about 50cm deep, which makes it stick out of the end of my Hi Fi unit. Works a treat if you are using it as the base of a Hi Fi stack though.

Guest Gladstone
I vant your vife and your cheeldren.

Seriously though, if you've nothing to swap I'm not looking for much for it.

I forgot about this. Seriously - if I spend any physical cash on this I'll get lynched (because I don't really need it...).

What I do have that may be of interest, though not sure if they're vintage enough is some ps2 games and wii games that I never use? Fuck knows which ones, but I can go and have a look tonight if you're interested?

I have a 20' Hitachi CRT TV in silver destined for the recycling centre, unless anyone wants to take it off my hands? Works fine. I'll chuck in a freeview box as well. Available for pickup, although I will drive a short distance and help lug it up any stairs if you're a good sort.