aberdeen-music

Ab-mus freecycling thread

ZeromiserY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Young Adolesent

hello there. i have a carlsbro lead 90 amplifier quite a nice we thing with a good sounding reverb unit. only thing is the capacitor next to power supply is fucked. speaker can still be used though can be picked up from sunny mastrick :)

Guest Young Adolesent

it dosent say all i know is its a pcb board no tubes or valves in the amp. circut board, solid state hope thats some helps i cant find anything oline

Guest Young Adolesent

Did you try typing "Carlsbro Lead 90" into google?

Cos if you did you'd have found loads of information including the make of the speaker.....

The internet - it's magic!

yeh i did........

I am looking for a working tape deck - anyone looking to get rid?  

I still have a 1987 Casio FZ-1 sampling keyboard free to a good home.  I don't have any disks for it but if you check out the SOS link below it will help however takes this.  Last time I looked there were huge archives of patches available for download too.  This is a big keyboard and is very heavy - built like a tank.

fz1.jpg

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1997_articles/dec97/crosstalkdec97.html

Guest Young Adolesent

I am looking for a working tape deck - anyone looking to get rid?

I still have a 1987 Casio FZ-1 sampling keyboard free to a good home. I don't have any disks for it but if you check out the SOS link below it will help however takes this. Last time I looked there were huge archives of patches available for download too. This is a big keyboard and is very heavy - built like a tank.

fz1.jpg

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1997_articles/dec97/crosstalkdec97.html

ill take that

Lemme speak to my old man for you, he usually has these things lying around that he has stolen borrowed, from BT. 

Cheers mate.

Our singer's Dad used to be a Sound Engineer so our guitarist is currently using one of Gary Numan's old flight cases :)

Looking for one for our bass player now.

Finally someone has taken away the Casio FZ-1!  Thank you Young Adolesent, I hope you enjoy it.  Perhaps you could see if anyone on here has a floppy drive up for grabs to help load some samples into that beast.

I'm still on the look out for a working tape deck.  Even a loan of one would be welcome.  I need to convert a bunch of old tape recordings my folks made of me, bro and sis playing pieces when we were young from tape to digital.  I'll probably just bid for one off Ebay but checking here first.

I would like to reiterate conditions that should apply for all freecycles - if you find you no longer want an item or no longer have use for it you must repost here or on another freecycle site.  Selling items on is unacceptable and goes against the spirit of the process. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Young Adolesent

Finally someone has taken away the Casio FZ-1! Thank you Young Adolesent, I hope you enjoy it. Perhaps you could see if anyone on here has a floppy drive up for grabs to help load some samples into that beast.

I'm still on the look out for a working tape deck. Even a loan of one would be welcome. I need to convert a bunch of old tape recordings my folks made of me, bro and sis playing pieces when we were young from tape to digital. I'll probably just bid for one off Ebay but checking here first.

I would like to reiterate conditions that should apply for all freecycles - if you find you no longer want an item or no longer have use for it you must repost here or on another freecycle site. Selling items on is unacceptable and goes against the spirit of the process.

thanks and good luck with what your looking for!! Now. Any if you kind gentleman have any 3.5" floppy disks for my keyboard?

Finally someone has taken away the Casio FZ-1!  Thank you Young Adolesent, I hope you enjoy it.  Perhaps you could see if anyone on here has a floppy drive up for grabs to help load some samples into that beast.

I'm still on the look out for a working tape deck.  Even a loan of one would be welcome.  I need to convert a bunch of old tape recordings my folks made of me, bro and sis playing pieces when we were young from tape to digital.  I'll probably just bid for one off Ebay but checking here first.

I would like to reiterate conditions that should apply for all freecycles - if you find you no longer want an item or no longer have use for it you must repost here or on another freecycle site.  Selling items on is unacceptable and goes against the spirit of the process. 

I've an old stereo separate tape deck you could have.  Pretty sure it worked fine last time it was used but the plug was removed for something else.  I'll have a look see if I have a spare plug for it and get some more details. 

• Upvote 1

I've an old stereo separate tape deck you could have.  Pretty sure it worked fine last time it was used but the plug was removed for something else.  I'll have a look see if I have a spare plug for it and get some more details. 

That sounds perfect.  I don't mind wiring a plug on if you can't find one!