aberdeen-music

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Paranoid Android

Looks like they've learned a few lessons from the In Rainbows experience. The download is available in a higher quality and as said the luxury option isn't quite so pricey.

The approach of getting the album out there digitally almost as soon as possible is surely the way forward if bands/ record companies are looking to avoid leaks and to lessen the effect of illegal downloading. With the way many people are listening to music nowadays it doesn't make sense to have such a long period between the recording/mixing/mastering process being finished and the product being available for fans.

The approach of getting the album out there digitally almost as soon as possible is surely the way forward if bands/ record companies are looking to avoid leaks and to lessen the effect of illegal downloading. With the way many people are listening to music nowadays it doesn't make sense to have such a long period between the recording/mixing/mastering process being finished and the product being available for fans.

Yup. Five days is an astonishingly short space of time but it does make sense to set a different release date for the physical copy.

Yup. Five days is an astonishingly short space of time but it does make sense to set a different release date for the physical copy.

My only gripe would be that the length of time between the digital and physical releases.

I suppose that's the only way to keep it a secret, I'd guess - physical versions would take a while to make & the surprise element would be gone if they've started this a few weeks back & songs had leaked.

Is the difference in price of .wav and .mp3 just because of the file size/quality differences? 3 pound difference seems quite a lot if that is the case.

It'd be cool if they (or anybody) released .wav versions of some of the individual guitar/vox drum tracks for remixes.

I'm looking forward to this, provided it's not pap.

I had no problems with the site.

I like that this time I know very little about what to expect. Before In Rainbows was released I'd heard live versions of most of the songs.

I'm not really expecting another top tier Radiohead album (OKC, KID A) but hopefully something on the same level as In Rainbows or Amnesiac. Something that good would be a very strong album of the year contender for me.