aberdeen-music

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Paranoid Android

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have lost interest in Radiohead, I used to buy their albums as a matter of course but have had no inkling to pick up this new one. I think in my mind they have had their day to be honest, 'OK Computer' was good album (over-rated I feel) and left of field enough to surprise when they could have followed a more straightforward 'The Bends' identikit approach. 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac' were interesting diversions and showed willingness to shake things up. 'Hail to the Thief' contained probably my favourite Radiohead song in 'There There' but 'In Rainbows' didn't do much for me. It's an OK album and probably better than most band's output but from what I've heard about this new one it's another attempt to pull a 'Kid A' and it seems like they are just rehashing old ground while taking advantage of their past success and following to get away with an unusual release strategy.

Have I just got it wrong?

I'll probably end up buying it when it's going cheap to be honest.

Well it's just taste isn't it.

One thing I'd agree with is There There. Probably my fave song of theirs too.

I wouldn't label Kid A or Amnesiac as merely diversions though and I don't really see how anything about this album is them trying to pull another kid a.

Diversions from their more guitar orientated sound which they abandoned to largely return to that sound on 'Hail to the Thief' is all I meant.

As I say, I haven't heard the new album, but I read somewhere that it had similarities to 'Kid A'.

I was kind of wondering if this was indeed the case or not.