aberdeen-music

Spotify Recommendations Thread

framheim

loving the songs added so far, what does everyone think about how we work this? keep the playlist open for a week or set a limit of songs and close it at say 15 songs? thoughts?

I was going to wait until it had grown before listening properly but no one else is adding anything :(

So can the people that have put one on already add another?

it's not too late, first attempt but we can keep doing them and hopefully as more folk become aware of it we'll fill them up faster. i'll probably close this once we've got a few more songs and leave it as a listenable playlist then start a new one on saturday again. Once it's closed we could put it in the announcement thread and get everyone listening to it for a few days.

it's not too late, first attempt but we can keep doing them and hopefully as more folk become aware of it we'll fill them up faster. i'll probably close this once we've got a few more songs and leave it as a listenable playlist then start a new one on saturday again. Once it's closed we could put it in the announcement thread and get everyone listening to it for a few days.

I think that you've got a great idea there Dave. Hopefully we can get more folk involved. Perhaps we could implement a theme as well? Even if it's some like favourite song from year xxxx or song with the word "sun" in it.

That's a pretty good idea, I'd be up for that.

Jonny - Jonny - Spotify

This is another recommendation. It's a collaboration between Norman Blake of Teenage Fanclub and Euros Childs of Gorky's Zygotic Mynci. As I have said (I think), I am rubbish with descriptions, but this is just thirteen excellent, uplifting pop songs. Hook after hook after hook after hook after hook.

An old fashioned Mixtape swap would be pretty good too, if everyone put names into a hat, and then randomly assigned with a partner to make playlists for. Obviously that's a different idea to the shared playlists, but another idea none the less.

I like this idea, it's similar to what I was thinking when I posted a playlist some pages back. I think you explained it better / more simply.

I vote on anyone but me doing the hard task of putting names in a hat.

Patriot - Cougar - Spotify

This is an album I've been listening to a lot over the last few days. It's not too dissimilar to some of the noodley guitar stuff that's been posted on here already but it's got some cool fuzz on the guitars some nice glitchy rhythms kicking about in there too.

I saw Cougar support Maximo Park in 2007 and really enjoyed them, but they didn't have anything out at the time so I forgot about them. Will have to give the above a listen :up:

Mixtape idea sounds good. I get the feeling mine wouldn't be full of anything revolutionary if I was to do one, but I'll happily put names in a hat and draw them, then post them here as long as that's all that needs to be done.