aberdeen-music

Comic Books / Graphic Novels

Stroopy121

I read the Preacher series of books pretty much yearly. I like Alan Moore's stuff, especially From Hell.

A friend of mine is a huge 2000AD fan from when she was young but she had to have a clearout and just gave me a shit lot of books, happily there's a couple of Alan Moore's in there, Halo Jones and Complete Future Shocks, along with loads of Rogue Trooper, which I loved as a kid, and lots of others that i've nae heard of. She also gave me the complete Sin City collection which is cool because I only ever read the first couple.:up:

back in the late 60's/early 70's I used to read lots of different Marvel Comics

Batman, Superman, X Men, Avengers, Thor, Fantastic 4....etc..... always loved em'

but during middle 70's/early 80's I read LOTS of the "pocket" comics : War Library & Commando..... anybody else like these?

Shaki was a big fan of the Commando comics. I believe he still has about 100 of them in a big box.

• 10 months later...

I like Cera. He's a total bigshot now, but it was stemmed from Arrested Development. You can't hate someone who was in Arrested Development, even if they murdered your family.

I read an interview with him recently. I expected him to be an unrelenting bigshot twat, but he seemed like a genuinely nice chap.

He's done some bollocks films though. That one where he has split personality disorder is particularly horrid.

I like Cera. He's a total bigshot now, but it was stemmed from Arrested Development. You can't hate someone who was in Arrested Development, even if they murdered your family.

I read an interview with him recently. I expected him to be an unrelenting bigshot twat, but he seemed like a genuinely nice chap.

He's done some bollocks films though. That one where he has split personality disorder is particularly horrid.

You're wrong. I can hate any cunt who has been in anything. Especially michael 'I'm awkward, isn't it just so fucking diabeties-inducingly endearing' cera. I won't even capitalise his fucking name on principal. Fuck him and everyone who looks like him. And everyone who has a similar sounding name.

If your name is schmichael cena, then fuck you, you pile of festering cunts.

xx

I've got two Civil Wars and another Robert Kirkman een needing read. Spiderman is a whiney little bitch. I forget he's meant to be young. I'm still expecting there to be a civil war spin off where Iron man fucks him. Hard.

I've recently read the civil war and much as i did really enjoy it i was left thinking - they wouldn't act like that, I just can't see Stark or so many others backing the bill, I could believe it of reed Richards, he's a twat, how he ever got Susan i don;t know.

My girlfriend recently got into comica in a big way through Sandman and it's helped me reignite the liking I had when i was a teenager. Stand Outs I've read so far include: Marvel 1985, Captain Britain and m13 - Secret Invasion; the Sub-Mariner mini series which involved the destruction of Atlantis, the defenders, the dark Avengers; and anything with Namor as he is by far the coolest character in the Marvel universe, one minute he's good friends with Iron man, the next he's mates with Dr Doom, will always do whats best for him and his people, a decent anti-hero.

I've mostly just got Alan Moore stuff and Frank Miller's Batmans. Anybody got some good recommendations? I'm thinking of starting on The Boys, Y: The Last Man or 100 Bullets soon.

If you enjoyed Frank Miller's Batman then you may enjoy Scott Snyder's recent run on Detective Comics which has been collected as Batman: The Black Mirror. Dick Grayson is Batman in this story but it follows on 20+ years from Year One.

My favourite series is Preacher by Garth Ennis which is equally violent, hilarious and moving throughout. Essential.

Currently hopelessly in love with the Marvel Noir and Marvel Zombies series.

If you've not already, check out 1602 by Neil Gaiman, which is just a what-if the Marvel Universe was set in 1602 but is really well written (as you'd expect by Neil Gaiman). Lots of clever twists and it makes sense in a way how the X-Men are treated as witches in the times of James I and the Spanish Inquisition etc

• Upvote 1