aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

According to the radio just now the editor of a local Toon paper has a text from Carroll saying he told the club he didn't want to leave, and Ashley pushed him out the door cos he wanted the ...

I think that's bollocks tbh. It was ultimately Carroll's decision to sign the contract. If he didn't want to leave, he wouldn't have signed.

I hate Ashley as much as the next guy, but this is on Andy "I only ever want to play for Newcastle" Carroll. I don't necessarily blame him for moving because it's a fantastic opportunity, but it turns out he's full of shit.

Why have I never seen this before?

YouTube - Michael Owen's Soccer Skills - Part 2

I don't even need to click, i know it's gonna be the classic 'well done he's only 13' Neville Southall Jibe. This video is the reason I don't like Michael Owen. Shame coz he seems alright, but the arrogant prickiness shown in this video is inexcusable... for life.

Harry was just on Talksport saying there was a last minute snag at the Blackpool end and it didn't go through.

Daniel rang me late on and asked if I like Charlie Adam. I said 'yes, he's a fantastic footballer'. He said do you want him, I said 'can we get him?'.

Great way to sign players.

Carroll could turn out to be the signing that kick starts the scousers into action or a spectacularly poor piece of business! Way too much money for a striker with only 6 months Premier League experience. But that's the January transfer window for you, clubs panic buy and pay way over the odds!

What about Hun fans? I'll start the bidding with "Lotto Lout" Mikey Carroll...

Good news, he's spent all his money & is back on the dole.

Spent it all on drugs and prostitutes, apparently.

I'm guessing he just wasted the rest of it.

Just noticed on that page what he spent it all on -

5million family and friends

1million gambling

1million Rangers Football Club <------- CUNTS

800,000 televisions, sound systems and gadgets

400,000 cars

325,000 house

300,000 parties

230,000 crack cocaine

200,000 jewellery

200,000 swimming pool

100,000 prostitutes

60,000 holidays

55,000 legal fees

Read more: 'Lotto lout' Michael Carroll back on the dole after squandering his millions | Mail Online

We discussed that a couple of pages back. Ab-Music aint buying it!

The texts do make interesting reading like, and they do sound retarded enough to have been written by a professional footballer.

Andy Carroll has claimed he was "pushed out the door" at Newcastle despite apparently submitting a transfer request.

Carroll has joined Liverpool in a 35m deal and has - according to the Daily Star - quadrupled his wages to 80,000 a week.

But the newspaper has obtained texts from Carroll to Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk, in which he makes it clear that Newcastle were the driving force behind the deal.

Carroll agreed that the Daily Star could publish the texts so his fellow Newcastle fans know that he did not turn his back on the club.

The texts were sent between 1pm and 4pm after Carroll had been informed of a renewed bid from Liverpool.

Text One: 'They have kind of said we don't want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don't wanna go.'

Text Two: 'I don't know mate. Gutted tho.' (In reply to question: 'what's happening?')

Text Three: 'They said they wanted the money'

Text Four: 'Gutted to be leaving but I was kind of pushed out the door'

Text Five: 'Just what I've just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don't want to leave. that's why I signed 5 year deal.'

By the look of his literacy level he'll fit in at Anfield no problem.

There's no way he was forced out. All he had to do was not sign a bit of paper for a few hours until the deadline passed and he would have remained a Newcastle player. Perhaps he was encouraged to go, you can understand Ashely wanting to accept such a ludicrous bid but I don't think Carroll resisted that much.

Guest idol_wild

Andy Carroll and his agent know exactly what they're doing by sending those texts to a journalist. He'll welcome the bumper salary and a chance to play for a better team and a better club than Newcastle. I don't buy that he's especially "gutted" about the move. He's just ensuring he's not vilified for his move and that someone is seen to shoulder the blame, aside from himself or his agent.

I'm very interested to see how Carlos Vela and Daniel Sturridge will perform now they'll presumably get more opportunities at their loan clubs.

Wasn't Vela meant to make the move up from embarrassing league 1 defenders in the Carling cup to playing real football a few years ago now?

He was ace in FM 2007. In fact, both of them were.

The Franny Jeffers birthday pic is simply wonderful and would normally be the funniest thing I would see in a day. But this is the best thing I've seen today.

I am sure a saw a story back in 2005 (or whatever year it was that Hearts were good) where an over-zealous Hearts fan got ROMANOV tattooed across his back in the style of a football shirt. Bet he regrets that now.

Guest idol_wild
I am sure a saw a story back in 2005 (or whatever year it was that Hearts were good) where an over-zealous Hearts fan got ROMANOV tattooed across his back in the style of a football shirt. Bet he regrets that now.

I bet he's done enough robbin' by now to afford the second part of the tattoo: "IS A CUNT".