aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest Gladstone
That game when we beat a Celtic team managed by O'Neill and boasting the likes of Larsson, Sutton, Lennon, Petrov etc etc 2-0 to make it 9 home wins in a row at Pittodrie. Ace match, I'll never forget it.

I don't remember that. Must have erased it from my memory.

Guest Gladstone

There you go Dons fans.

Who's that black guy up front? I don't remember him at all. His piece of skill at the start is sublime.

And a fresh-faced Darren Mackie robbing Rab Douglas and absolutely hoofing it in from 1 inch out.

I don't remember that. Must have erased it from my memory.

Thankfully you can watch the highlights on youtube, although this doesn't show Celtic and Aberdeen fans joining together to shower Jim White with snowballs in eth commentary box, another highlight of the game. Few beers in town ending up at the Holburn Bar to watch the highlights on Sportscene, great day.

Probably the second one. It was definitely a midweek match. Celtic beat Dundee Utd at Tannadice the same night. It was the same season as the Aberdeen UEFA Cup run with Bayern, Copenhagen etc.

I can't remember the goals or who scored. I can remember the following:

Charlie Adam looking FAT

Novo stamping on Duff and getting red carded

The Dons fans chanting: "You're just a fat Eddie Murphy, fat Eddie Murphy"

The Dons fans chanting: "Barry, what's the score, Barry, Barry, what's the score"

I went back to my King Street flat and watched the Celtic celebrations on the telly with a can of Tennent's lager. Amazing.

In other completely unrelated news, I just saw a bulletin stating that George Michael has just been sent to jail for 8 weeks. Imagine the fun he'll have in there. ;)

It was right after their UEFA cup final loss, and right before their Scottish cup final game against QOTS. I remember a lot of chants of:

"UEFA CUP, YOU FUCKED IT UP, UEFA CUP, YOU FUCKED IT UP,

followed by

"THE SPL, YOU FUCKED IT UP, THE SPL, YOU FUCKED IT UP"

followed by

"SCOTTISH CUP, YOU'LL FUCK IT UP, SCOTTISH CUP, YOU'LL FUCK IT UP"

There you go Dons fans.

Who's that black guy up front? I don't remember him at all. His piece of skill at the start is sublime.

And a fresh-faced Darren Mackie robbing Rab Douglas and absolutely hoofing it in from 1 inch out.

That's Eugene Dadi, bitch!

Aberdeen

Eugne Dadi spent one season at Aberdeen that in terms of scoring goals was not great. However' date=' he was a firm fans' favourite and had become somewhat of a cult hero with Aberdeen fans. This was due to his last name, which inspired the popular terrace chant of "Who's yer, who's yer, who's yer fuckin' Dadi."[1']

Highlights of his time at Aberdeen included four SPL goals, but perhaps is most remembered for bamboozling Celtic defender Bobo Balde during a 2-0 win at Pittodrie in December 2001.

Guest idol_wild

If I recall correctly, Dadi also tried the similar "move" against Hearts too. And it worked then, aswell.

Alex Di Rocco was still Aberdeen's finest striker ever. In six games or something, that guy looked the business. He could actually hold the ball up. The only other striker I can ever remember doing that effectively for Aberdeen was Duncan Shearer. And that's because he was a fucking demigod.

If I recall correctly, Dadi also tried the similar "move" against Hearts too. And it worked then, aswell.

Alex Di Rocco was still Aberdeen's finest striker ever. In six games or something, that guy looked the business. He could actually hold the ball up. The only other striker I can ever remember doing that effectively for Aberdeen was Duncan Shearer. And that's because he was a fucking demigod.

Seem to recall he scored 2 to level after we had been 3-1 down against Motherwell? Fergie was at the game I think.

Guest idol_wild
Seem to recall he scored 2 to level after we had been 3-1 down against Motherwell? Fergie was at the game I think.

Yeah, I was at that game. Saw his pony tail in full flow as he bagged two goals in the final ten minutes!

Mint.

. eg - Jamie Smith's goal against Rangers in the 3-2 win at Pittodrie a few years ago. Just sheer exhilaration. I actually fell to my knees in the middle of the Main Stand and starting wailing at the sky with my arms in the air, like off of a film or something. One of the best feelings I've ever had in my life, and it lasted for days.

I was at this game with my uncle, we were up near section Y of the south stand and couldnt even see the goal hit the back of the net. Next thing I know the whole place is going tits and my uncle is hugging me, crying and seemingly unable to stand due to the sheer joy of beating the dirty, dirty huns.

Copenhagen game I was by myself in the Dick Donald, hugging utter randoms and having just about the best time of my life. Properly awesome.

Barry Nic's injury time equaliser vs Hearts three seasons back sparked scenes in The Howff the likes of which I'd never seen in such a sleepy wee bar.

Never cried over football, apart from as a young 'un losing the final at the Meldrum Sports vs a team who had an eleven year-old playing (it was the under nines!). Raging. The sheer, blind injustice I felt stayed with me, even now.

I cried with sheer exhilaration the first time I saw Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 in 1996. Sheer emotion. And I have absolutely no affiliation with either club.

That game was amazing. I was eating my tea just as the second half started, and I just sat there and let it go cold, because if I looked down for a second to cut a fish finger, I could have missed 10 goals. I don't like Liverpool or Newcastle, but I just felt wired on adrenaline when it finished. More recent examples of that are the Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal in the season before last, which was just a showcase of shite defending and constant equalizing. Also that game at Goodison a couple of years ago where Everton looked like they were about to beat Villa, but they equalised, and then Ashley Young smashed home the winner with zero seconds left!

Michael Owen burying City deep into Fergie time last season was special too. I was on the train home whilst that game was playing. I had my headphones on loud incase anyone spoke about it. I got home and avoided the internet and Sky Sports News until they showed the re-run on Football First. Bellamy's first goal was immense, the second one me want to die, as did Barry's equaliser. I thought Ben Fosters cuntery was going to throw it away. But Giggs picked out Mikey O, with a belting pass, and you think he's going to scuff it. Not a chance. Goal. Then that little horse racing half pint was running around like it was Christmas Day. Even Antonio Valencia cracked a smile. A sight that hasn't been seen again. That's how special it was.

That game was amazing. I was eating my tea just as the second half started, and I just sat there and let it go cold, because if I looked down for a second to cut a fish finger, I could have missed 10 goals. I don't like Liverpool or Newcastle, but I just felt wired on adrenaline when it finished. More recent examples of that are the Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal in the season before last, which was just a showcase of shite defending and constant equalizing. Also that game at Goodison a couple of years ago where Everton looked like they were about to beat Villa, but they equalised, and then Ashley Young smashed home the winner with zero seconds left!

Michael Owen burying City deep into Fergie time last season was special too. I was on the train home whilst that game was playing. I had my headphones on loud incase anyone spoke about it. I got home and avoided the internet and Sky Sports News until they showed the re-run on Football First. Bellamy's first goal was immense, the second one me want to die, as did Barry's equaliser. I thought Ben Fosters cuntery was going to throw it away. But Giggs picked out Mikey O, with a belting pass, and you think he's going to scuff it. Not a chance. Goal. Then that little horse racing half pint was running around like it was Christmas Day. Even Antonio Valencia cracked a smile. A sight that hasn't been seen again. That's how special it was.

This match:

04 March 2007, West Ham 3 - 4 Tottenham | Match Report | Match | West Ham United

was similar. I was sitting watching it in a completely empty hotel bar in Geneva. Couldn't look away for a second. What a game. 2-2 with 3 minutes left, and it finished 4-3, the winner came in the 96th minute!

Guest idol_wild
Barry Nic's injury time equaliser vs Hearts three seasons back sparked scenes in The Howff the likes of which I'd never seen in such a sleepy wee bar.

Never cried over football, apart from as a young 'un losing the final at the Meldrum Sports vs a team who had an eleven year-old playing (it was the under nines!). Raging. The sheer, blind injustice I felt stayed with me, even now.

I recall a game versus Hearts at Cuntcastle when Lovell scored a tap-in in the final few minutes after a twenty yarder from Severin was parried, to gift Aberdeen the perfect smash and grab. That was a big result for The Dons, as it was approaching Christmas, and if memory serves me right, Aberdeen went on a good run after that. I remember being close to tears of joy when I heard the sound of the ball hit the net. Y'know...the sort of rippling noise it makes. It almost sounds like muted fireworks or something. But that day, it fucking sounded like a purr. It was a fucking sexy moment. I was about four rows back, but the players celebrated right in front of us, and I was basically involuntarily crowd-surfed down to the front row.

I didn't give a fuck, though. I always loved stuffing it up the Hearts.

This match:

04 March 2007, West Ham 3 - 4 Tottenham | Match Report | Match | West Ham United

was similar. I was sitting watching it in a completely empty hotel bar in Geneva. Couldn't look away for a second. What a game. 2-2 with 3 minutes left, and it finished 4-3, the winner came in the 96th minute!

That game was incredible too. I'd forgotton all about it. There was a high scoring draw at the Emirates against Spurs too which was ridiculous. I remember Aaron Lennon getting the equaliser in the dying seconds.

Today at work, the armchair Liverpool fan, who has admitted he doesn't really like watching football, accused the armchair Man Utd fan, who seems to watch alot of football and really knows his stuff, of not really being a Man Utd fan, based on nothing other than not liking him or Man Utd. It was a good debate, that went absolutely nowhere. It was like 2 people arguing about who was the fattest.