aberdeen-music

A new grunge band :P

SooperKeef

perhaps escape to victory have done all this as a very clever and intricate marketing ploy to get people along to their gig at the tunnels...

I apologise in advance to Escape to Victory (who I would really like to see too), but I'll be scooting off to see Idol_Wild etc after ShutterSpeed's set.

No offence, chaps!

Guest Gladstone
its not a piss take we are real :p

I don't doubt that you're real.

But, I'm going to be honest now - those recordings are really bad. I'm starting to think that they were done intentionally bad, because there's no way you could listen back to those recordings and think they were good enough to put up on myspace and then fire them into a music forum and ask people's honest opinions.

Something quite magical happened in this thread - I would actually have just expected everyone to just tell you the recordings were shit straight away, but everyone jumped on the bandwagon and pretended it was great.

Now, you're going to have complete strangers turning up to your gig, even if it is just for a laugh, and if you turn out to be half decent, you'll probably end up with a few followers. In fact if you play as bad as those recordings, you'll probably end up with a pretty good cult following...

Good work

:up:

do you think it's a stunt like Fitzpatrick's booking Shane McGowan?

Something like that - I'm amazed The Tunnels has found the money to take in an act like ShutterSpeed.

I'm half expecting it to have been a massive wind-up with a view to having people through the door on the night.

In which case, well done!

:up: