aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
MattJimF

New Chris Morris film

The laws of physics state, quite clearly, that this will be good. After his fine joint work on Nostradamus Predicts the State of Modern Culture, released here as Nathan Barley, I have no doubts.

"You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak."

:)

This new film will be well fucking futile.

I presume that this'll be showing at the Belmont, but does anyone know if it'll be in anywhere else as well?

According to our release schedule at Cineworld, we weren't showing it in any Cineworld in the country but I think they've realised that was a massive balls-up and decided to show it in some of the bigger ones. Neither Cineworld in Aberdeen has it as far as I know and I highly doubt Vue will.

Your best bet is definitely The Belmont.

Yeah, I saw on the Four Lions website that it'd be showing in Union Square, but it's not anymore. Belmont's fine for me though. Especially now they've got the times up for it.

Tomorrow

2.15, 4.30, 6.45, 9.00

-Edit-

It IS showing at Union Square. Jeez, make up your mind, internets!

Their times...

11:50

14:10

16:30

18:50

21:10

22:50

Yeah but, Victims relative/member of public in intelligent, nuanced reaction shock. BBC - Newsbeat - 7/7 relative reviews terror comedy Four Lions

You see so few measured and thoughtful responses concerning terrorism and its media depiction, so I was impressed by Ms Hyman's review, particularly in her differentiation between what she can deal with, and what society could handle re free speech.

Saw it last night aswell: would echo the previous two sentiments, and add that the film is proof there is no-one better at manipulating language for comic effect than Morris.

Does get quite close to the bone as the film goes on though.....

:up:

Caught this tonight and was a totally underwhelmed. The last 30 minutes salvaged the film but thought everything before was pretty piss-weak. Unfortunately the trailers / TV spots absolutely killed most of the best bits. The "idiot bombers" idea got boring pretty quick. Was expecting much more. 4/10