aberdeen-music

CD Albums

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.163 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Ok, here's what I've bought...

Ryan Adams - Love is Hell and Rock n Roll

The new Biffy and Muse albums

Florence and the Machine - Lungs

Little Boots - whatever it's called...

Pearl Jam's new one

(This hurts...Black Eyed Peas new one for my nephew's xmas. He'ss 11 and knows no better - he was telling me how 'awesome' they are when I was babysitting at the weekend)

I stopped there before I bankrupted myself, which I could easily do wandering round One-Up!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.163 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Pearl Jam's new one

(This hurts...Black Eyed Peas new one for my nephew's xmas. He'ss 11 and knows no better - he was telling me how 'awesome' they are when I was babysitting at the weekend)

I stopped there before I bankrupted myself, which I could easily do wandering round One-Up!

To be honest, Black Eyed Peas aren't any worse than most of the list!

Guest Gladstone

Pearl Jam's new one

To be honest, Black Eyed Peas aren't any worse than most of the list!

Give me a break. Black Eyed Peas are fucking awful. The rest of that list are pretty good in my opinion. They are possibly a bit too popular for your liking, but I'm not cool enough to stop liking a band because they're popular.

Give me a break. Black Eyed Peas are fucking awful. The rest of that list are pretty good in my opinion. They are possibly a bit too popular for your liking, but I'm not cool enough to stop liking a band because they're popular.

Calm down I wasn't getting at you! And my music listening isn't based on how popular a band are, that'd be completely stupid. Just seems a bit weird to lay into Black Eyed Peas (and he's only 11!!!) when some of the other albums aren't too far removed!

Guest Gladstone
Calm down I wasn't getting at you! And my music listening isn't based on how popular a band are, that'd be completely stupid. Just seems a bit weird to lay into Black Eyed Peas (and he's only 11!!!) when some of the other albums aren't too far removed!

I was perfectly calm when I typed that. I was laying into Black Eyed Peas because they are totally gash ("he's only 11" yes, but the Black Eyed Peas aren't!).

Are you honestly telling me you think Black Eyed Peas are no worse than Muse? Biffy? Come on...

Rock n Roll is not rubbish! It's a beautifully executed, somewhat tongue in cheek rock pastiche. Admittedly, it's no Jacksonville City Nights, but it has a very special place in the Ryan Adams/Whiskeytown area of my heart.

It loses points for including 'Everybody Do Miss America', which is the worst Ryan Adams song of all time! There are some good songs in there, but there's also a lot of tiresome guff.

I'm with you in that Jacksonville City Nights is criminally underrated. However, I think it's topped by Cold Roses. I'd probably say my top five are...

1. Heartbreaker

2. Gold

3. Love is Hell

4. Cold Roses

5. 29/ Jacksonville City Lights

As an aside, Crosses Out Name on Cardinology is AMAZING.

www.tauthal.com ~ Ryan Adams ~ The Loft Sessions

You'll like this O'Leary. Lot's of Cold Roses stuff. And an excellent version of I See Monsters.

Also worth searching the internet for: an unreleased bunch of demos called Darkbreaker (or the Elizabethtown sessions) intended as a soundtrack for said film, but canned. Includes a few of the better tracks that ended up on Easy Tiger, but less polished and somehow a hundred times better.

• Upvote 1

www.tauthal.com ~ Ryan Adams ~ The Loft Sessions

You'll like this O'Leary. Lot's of Cold Roses stuff. And an excellent version of I See Monsters.

Also worth searching the internet for: an unreleased bunch of demos called Darkbreaker (or the Elizabethtown sessions) intended as a soundtrack for said film, but canned. Includes a few of the better tracks that ended up on Easy Tiger, but less polished and somehow a hundred times better.

Cheers Ry. Saved that page.

I've came across Darkbreaker before on the Ryan Adams' FTP site. Easy Tiger was killed by the production. I know that was the sound he was going for but it really was ghastly, the songs did have something about them though.