aberdeen-music

it's time for you nominations for BEST ACCOUSTIC ACT/ARTIST

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Mr Blastcap

oy!

my vote goes to mr ian simpson, or d.dixon belting out his set in o donohues to a bunch of pissed up losers. is preemo one of those cunts from eric euan?, well dont let them win i say..they have only been on the go for 8 years or so theyve hardly paid thier dues.

that christina slagulera's a little minx is she not?, give her an award and she might turn up to the badge festival.

Well its obvious who i'm going to say, but Jo McCafferty who this year has played with some of Scotlands biggest names and has played venues as diverse as The Wild Boar to Glasgow Barrowlands, and from The Lemon Tree to the Amsterdam Paradiso, not to mention having sold well over 1000 copies of her acoustic album Radiaxial, and shared a stage with members of Marillion, The Stone Roses, Genesis, the Eagles, XTC, Ultravox, and Big Country.

She plays within Aberdeen but probably isn't part of the popular scene, but she had one of the mosr successfull years of any Aberdeen artist this year. Well worth seeing for people who haven't seen her, and you can see her on Friday at the Wild Boar.

Apart from that I'd have to go for Emma Foreman, who's acoustic shows are brilliant, and her singing and songwriting is of the highest quality.

Cheers

Stuart

ian christie receiting alternative latvian poetry to a backing tape of local musicians discussing which member of the fudge team can drink the most.

or le reno amps. jo McCafferty, amber, simpson, blastcap and future galloway

dave dixon should have been a red coat, could just imagine him with a spinning bow tie!!!

Guest thejackal2023
Originally posted by thejackal2023

I hear by declare Mathew O'Leary (-matthEw-) Best Acoustic Guitarist in the Aberdeen music circuit...

Well maybe not the best, but probably the funniest...

le reno amps - no contest i'm afraid.

others are great and novel when they swap their electrics for acoustics (see blastcap and future hendrix) but for straight-forward good acoustic songs with frankly amazing harmonies...

i'm chuffed and a little bit embarrassed at the amount of simpson posts though. i'm obviously paying you too much. :O

Originally posted by delboy

ian christie receiting alternative latvian poetry to a backing tape of local musicians discussing which member of the fudge team can drink the most.

Del, it's Estonian Folk Limericks I do. Wouldn't have a clue about all that Latvian nonsense.

My preferred backing tape would be a recital, by Kenneth Williams if you can find a good medium, of all threads entitled 'Best band/musician in Aberdeen'. I think the rythmic flow and repetitiveness of these will provide a hypnotic ambience to layer the limericks onto: like an artist using a palette knife.