aberdeen-music

Fifa 10

Soda Jerk

I'm fighting an internal battle on this one, I've got FIFA 09 and it seems silly to discard it after less than a year but at the same time if everyone moves onto FIFA 10 I'll be left with little choice. BALLS. To sum up, I think I'm going to get it, probably at the weekend, then I'll hate myself for a bit for giving into EA and their ways, then stop caring because I'm having too much fun taking Darlington to the top.

Woodsinho on t'xbox live.

I'm going to give the demo a go first. Haven't bought a Fifa game since...ooh Fifa '98, the one with Blur's Song 2?

I'm a dedicated PES man but i've just tried the PES 2010 demo on Xbox Live and been unimpressed.

I think that was Fifa Road to the World Cup '98. You could play indoor? Sometimes, if you were winning by more than a few goals and scored again, the ball would just reappear at the centre circle with the same scoreline. It was the first and only time I've seen a computer actually cheat.

What a game.

I'm fighting an internal battle on this one, I've got FIFA 09 and it seems silly to discard it after less than a year but at the same time if everyone moves onto FIFA 10 I'll be left with little choice. BALLS. To sum up, I think I'm going to get it, probably at the weekend, then I'll hate myself for a bit for giving into EA and their ways, then stop caring because I'm having too much fun taking Darlington to the top.

Woodsinho on t'xbox live.

Get it! It's smashing. I played 09 after playing the demo and it just felt horrible. The new one is badass.

I will then add you, and administer many virtual footballing lessons.

Pro Evo has been terrible for years, mainly since the first next gen incarnation. It's for the best. Pro Evo used to rule the gameplay stakes, but good grief, the depth was laughable. The master league is terrible, and online was like playing in slow motion, under water.

Newcastle are fucking mint on it this year. Carroll and Lovenkrands up front, lethal in the Championship.

Has anyone else noticed how much easier it is to smash them in from range? I could never skelp them in from 30 yards on 09, but I've already nailed about 4-5 screamers into the top corner on 10. Love it.

That was mint. Especially running away from the referee when he was about to give you a card.

Holland were ace on it. Van Smeiter was so fast. I miss football games with made up names (not Pro Ev mispelled names, like Sheerer, and Geggs. Urgh).

Haha yeah, loved the FX when you hit the top corner from long range. God bless the C button. It's interesting how much FIFA dived for a while around the millenium.

Fifas I've owned...

International Soccer on megadrive (the daddy)

96 on MD (swerve = awesome)

97 on PC (indoor was a treat, rest was rubbish)

98 road to World Cup on N64 (diving, elbowing and riding tackles were great additions, prob my favourite barring the new generation)

World Cup 2002 (too easy to score from 40yds with the star players)

09 on PS3 (sublime)

My first Fifa was way back in the Megadrive days, the pitch was viewed from a wild diagonal angle if I mind right, possibly 94?

Bought the first ISS (the old name for PES) for the SNES and fell in love - in fact i've still got my SNES - with and I think i've bought them all since. I think the series peaked at PES4 and then started to stagnate from PES5 onwards.

Downloaded both PES and Fifa demos on Xbox and I have to admit I had more fun on Fifa but that might just be because it's new.

Tough choice, might just download Sensi instead!

If you're talking about downloading Sensi on the Xbox, then it's not really worth it. You're much better off finding a MS Dos version or an Amiga Emulator. The loss of the authentic player names and team names is a massive let down, as well as annoying new animations and graphics.

Sensible Soccer European Edition on the Mega Drive was almost as good as Swos on the Amiga. It didn't have the ridiculous depth that Swos had, but it had the upgraded game engine, all the major European Leagues and the very same Career mode. A totally decent substitute if you weren't lucky enough to own an Amiga.