aberdeen-music

Pet Idea

JaseyBoi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt smell at all..But i have a air tube making bubbles all day and a small filter.Only when the water gets stagnant that it begins to stink........The only bad point i have upto now is feeding it bloodworms as it constantly keeps the water brown...After these worms run out im not gonna buy any more...Im gonna feed him on pellets and fresh fruit and veg....Today already he has eaten a piece of carrot a piece of cabbage and now hes munching a slice of apple....

• 2 weeks later...

Changed it

Took out the tub and filled the entire bottom with water...He now has heaps of room to swim and a dry area to bask under the heat lamp

p181009211101.jpg

The damn stones have been washed and washed and steeped and washed yet still leave the water brown....Thats untill i stick the filter on and leave it an hour..The water turns clear as eck as like....

p1810092111.jpg

Got a heap of pics of him basking and you can see all his dfrent colours...But alas there still on my phone and i cant be vadged putting them up ...Ill do it imorn lol...

Heres him

murt2.jpg

murt.jpg

murt3.jpg

murt4.jpg

Loving this turtle like..Id highly recommend a map turtle there characters thats for sure.

They have pretty miserable looking faces too as they sit their on their rock, like they are pondering your living room, and thinking that it's shit. I dig that.

That is defo one of there characteristics...Also when you look at them for a period all of a sudden the neck comes right out and he winks at ye then his neck goes back in and he looks at you like its all shit lol.....

My friend just bought a turtle in his gap year in China. Anyone know what the protocall is for him bringing it back into the UK? I've been informed it's the most common species of pet turtle...

He's called it Donnatello, too.

Also, nice turtle pictures.

I fucking love turtles.

My friend just bought a turtle in his gap year in China. Anyone know what the protocall is for him bringing it back into the UK? I've been informed it's the most common species of pet turtle...

He's called it Donnatello, too.

Brilliant name.

Just shove it in his hand luggage in a tube of Pringles or something. It'll keep him fed until your mate can buy an over-priced bottle of water onboard to splash him with or alternatively fill up the wash-hand basin and leave him in there for the duration of the flight.

• 2 months later...