aberdeen-music

Titp

Sam 45

Yeah Yeah Yeah's, Camera Obscura, Phantom Band, M83, Of Montreal, Twin Atlantic, Metronomy, Bronto Skylift, Gong Fei, Broken Records, Barn Owl, My Cousin I Bid You Farewell, Brother Louis Collective, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Paper Planes.

Cheers to anyone who came down to the Barn Owl show.

Who did you see?

I saw Bloc Party on TV. Then I realised I must have seen live TV coverage of Bloc Party at least twice the amount of times I've seen any of my favourite bands live. That is a really depressing thought.

Same here. They just kept playing Elbow and Lily fucking Allen all day, and showed very little of anything decent.

The only coverage of NIN on the website is for Hurt, which is shocking considering it may very well be one of the last UK gigs they do. Only 2 Mars Volta tunes as well, so 2/5ths of their set because it was cut short.

Also, Pendulum should be skinned alive for mixing in their atrocious 'cover' of Master of Puppets into Slam.

Top 3 of the weekend :

1, Danananaykroyd (fucking amazing)

2, Blur

3, 2manydjs

Also saw Franz Ferdinand, Boyz Noize, The Saturdays (lolz!), Lady Gaga (mega fucking lolz!), Pete Doherty, Foals, Friendly Fires, Simian Mobile Disco, Eagles of Death Metal, Mr Scruff, Jamie T and The Maccabees.

Was my 4th TITP, definitely the best.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

One of my life's ambitions is to see Weezer live. I absolutely fucking love them. The galling thing is that they played the Leeds fest one year when i was there and I was so pissed I can't remember if I saw them or not.

NIN were awesome, one of the best live performances I've seen.

Over the rest of the w/e saw Mars Volta, Idlewild, YYY's, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Bronto Skylift, Trapped in Kansas, bit of Jane's Addiction, Barn Owl, Twilight Sad, Bloc Party, Danananaykroyd, Mogwai and the end of blur's set.

As for Elbow, grounds for divorce is nae bad.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

One of my life's ambitions is to see Weezer live. I absolutely fucking love them. The galling thing is that they played the Leeds fest one year when i was there and I was so pissed I can't remember if I saw them or not.

2002? I was there. I saw them. I hope your subconcious remembers it somehow even if you can't, because it was practically a greatest hits set. I saw them a couple of years later in Birmingham (eugh) and it was half Make Believe material. Worst birthday present ever.

2002? I was there. I saw them. I hope your subconcious remembers it somehow even if you can't, because it was practically a greatest hits set. I saw them a couple of years later in Birmingham (eugh) and it was half Make Believe material. Worst birthday present ever.

Looking att he line up for that whole day, I can't remember seeing any of the bands on any of the stages. The White Stripes are another band that I would give my right nut to see and they were playing that day, I can't remember if I saw them or not. Also the Moldy Peaches who I'm really into now, but wasn't at the time, I'd love to see them, but can't remember if I did. Annoyingly looking at the line up there were loads of bands playing that I really like now that I'd never heard of then and I realyl wish I'd seen. My main reason fo going to festivals at that age was just to get mashed and not really bother about which bands are playing, bit of a waste of time and money really. Also I listened almost exclusively to shit 90s metal and ska / punk back then and I wouldn't have bothered going to see the likes of Ben Kweller, Jimmy Eat World, Libertines, The Streets, Polyphonic Spree etc. I do remember particularly enjoying NoFX and Less Than Jake though.

I see Muse were playing the Sunday as well, can't remember seeing them though I did watch Foo Fighters who were on after them, and Ash who were on before them, so I might have seen them.

I saw about 5 minutes of New Found Glory before I started menstruating, so I headed over to the main stage and spent the whole of White Stripes set fighting my way to the front for Weezer who were on next. Got right to the barrier. Still felt like I was miles away from the stage, and got some pretty badly bruised ribs from the ridiculous violent WEEZER PIT. Ridiculous.

The Strokes headlined that day. The chap had a broken leg or something, so he sat down for the whole set. It made zero difference to their already lifeless stage presence.

I saw about 5 minutes of New Found Glory before I started menstruating, so I headed over to the main stage and spent the whole of White Stripes set fighting my way to the front for Weezer who were on next. Got right to the barrier. Still felt like I was miles away from the stage, and got some pretty badly bruised ribs from the ridiculous violent WEEZER PIT. Ridiculous.

The Strokes headlined that day. The chap had a broken leg or something, so he sat down for the whole set. It made zero difference to their already lifeless stage presence.

True. I saw them the year before when they were moved onto the Main Stage due to demand (they were meant to be in one of the tents but NME had been busy sucking them off so they got moved up). I was sitting waiting for Iggy Pop to come on and suddenly the Strokes appeared and I was all like "WTF?". I had to sit through 30 minutes of them standing completely still and not saying anything between the songs. Then Iggy finally came on and he was kind of shit. Then PJ Harvey came on and she was kind of shit. Then Green Day came on, ripped it up and set the drum kit on fire, which made up for it.

2000 as well I was at Reading and Beck played, who I would happily give a hummer to if he asked, and where was I? Well fuck knows is the answer, but I certainly wasn't watching Beck.

True. I saw them the year before when they were moved onto the Main Stage due to demand (they were meant to be in one of the tents but NME had been busy sucking them off so they got moved up). I was sitting waiting for Iggy Pop to come on and suddenly the Strokes appeared and I was all like "WTF?". I had to sit through 30 minutes of them standing completely still and not saying anything between the songs. Then Iggy finally came on and he was kind of shit. Then PJ Harvey came on and she was kind of shit. Then Green Day came on, ripped it up and set the drum kit on fire, which made up for it.

2000 as well I was at Reading and Beck played, who I would happily give a hummer to if he asked, and where was I? Well fuck knows is the answer, but I certainly wasn't watching Beck.

Your getting your years mixed up. I was there the year of the strokes/iggy, and Green Day didn't play that year. I think that may have been the year after

Highlights for me were The Gaslight Anthem (does he ever stop smiling?), Manics, The Temper Trap and Mumford & Sons (Nice way to start a day!).

I also saw Kings of Leon, Doves, Blur, The Script, Eagles of Death Metal, In Case of Fire, Jack Penate, WWPJ, White Lies, You Me At Six, Foals, Telegraphs, Maximo Park and The Phantom Band. All were good apart from In Case of Fire who between them appeared to be playing three different songs at the same time. Utter shite.

I have a rubbish TiTP memory, The Jesus Lizard played one year and I just stood in the distance watching as I didn't really know anything by them at that point other than 'Puss' off the Nirvana 7" split they did. The sound was crap so I couldn't hear anything. Baws.

I also fell asleep during Bjork the first year because I was tanked. Slept through Bjork and woke up during The Levellers, where's the justice? Or maybe it was the other way around, saw The Levellers then conked out during Bjork.

Beck played in a tent one year I was there but I'm pretty sure I never went to see him, probably because I went to see some other rubbish, luckily I have no recollection of what.

Friday: The Maccabees, a bit of Idlewild, YYYs, Dead Boy Robotics and Crystal Castles

Saturday: Lady Gaga, Mr Scruff, a bit of Friendly Fires, Foals, Metronomy, 2 Many Djs

Sunday: The Saturdays, a bit of Eagles of Death Metal, a bit of Passion Pit, Boys Noize, Simian Mobile Disco, Dananananaykroyd and Blur. Sadly a bit of Snow Patrol too due to Blur being delayed.

Highlights would be Dana.., Blur, 2 Many Djs, Foals and Mr Scruff.

I saw ....

Friday - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings of Leon and Crystal Castles

Saturday - Lady GaGa (thought she was awful), Mr Scruff, White Lies, Foals, Razorlight (bit dull), bit of Killers and Nine Inch Nails

Sunday - Boys Noize, Simian Mobile Disco, Pendulum (i know most folk on here seem to hate them, but i like them) and Blur

I thought Nine Inch Nails were brilliant and my highlight of the weekend. Also really enjoyed the Foals and Blur (who might have been my hightlight if they'd been able to do their full set)