• Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer
  • Assistant engineers: Christian Mochizuki, Pete Bischoff and Phil Joly
  • Keyboards: Jeff Bhasker and Mike Dean
  • Piano: Elton John
  • Brass and woodwinds: Danny Flam, Tony Gorruso, and Ken Lewis
  • Horn arrangements: Ken Lewis
  • Engineered by Brent Kolatalo
  • Orchestral arranger and conductor: Rosie Danvers

I don't really believe all of those vocalists were in it ot be honest  :laughing:

He wrote the lyrics himself the people mentioned it for the music but most of those will be people getting credit for samples rather than actually being involved with the song.

Ah ok. I thought that.

Elton John? I thought his Hip Hop career peeked with his Tupac duet 'Ghetto Gospel'.

Not surprised at Rihanna, she seems to be on everything. I think Eminem fancies her or something.

Look at how many people were invloved with All of the Lights

• Produced by Kanye West
  • Co-produced by Jeff Bhasker
  • Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Anthony Kilhoffer, and Mike Dean
  • Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer
  • Assistant engineers: Christian Mochizuki, Pete Bischoff and Phil Joly
  • Keyboards: Jeff Bhasker and Mike Dean
  • Piano: Elton John
  • Brass and woodwinds: Danny Flam, Tony Gorruso, and Ken Lewis
  • Horn arrangements: Ken Lewis
  • Engineered by Brent Kolatalo
  • Orchestral arranger and conductor: Rosie Danvers

I don't really believe all of those vocalists were in it ot be honest  :laughing:

They all were. It's the choruses where all you really hear is Rihanna. But everyone's there. He wanted to have a massive ensemble type of thing going on.

Who is it that does the rapping after Kid Cudi's bit?

Also, I have to say, I only really like his first 2 albums, MBDTF, and cruel summer. I pick and choose some songs I like off Watch The Throne and my love for Yeezus is purely due to the production. The lyrics are terrible.

Ca_gere, you don't like noisey stuff but you seemed to have liked everything Teabags posted, may I present you with this...

I suppose the closest thing to AIDs Wolf I actually like would probably be

The Stretchheads

or Upsilon Acrux (though listening to it now, Upsilon Acrux aren't really like them at all, cos they're technically very good, which I don't think AIDs Wolf are in the slightest)

Both of these are pretty great. The stretch heads one I particularly like. Great intro too

Thinking it through a bit more it depends on the context and whether the content of the song has anything to do with it. I wouldn't have a problem listening to a child rapist's song about fictional ninjas but I wouldn't listen to a track promoting rape. Politically I could listen to stuff I disagreed with up to certain extremes. I can listen to gospel or devotional Indian classical or Kanye West's Jesus Walks, even recognising it as quite powerful, while wholeheartedly disagreeing with the sentiment that whatever God(s) is real and awesome.

This is a good point. I don't have anything to add aside from the fact that I don't think I've ever really thought about it. I'm sure a lot of stuff I listen to has questionable politics/ideologies. You've ruined music for me man.

The one thing I hate about his new complaining is that in the BBC interview he's making out that it was so hard to become a mogul or whatever because no one would take a black man seriously. Even though he's a huge rapper and producer.

3 words: Beats by Dre.

It seems pretty simple if you're not a total bellend. But enough of that, Bound 2 is a banger.

The one thing I hate about his new complaining is that in the BBC interview he's making out that it was so hard to become a mogul or whatever because no one would take a black man seriously. Even though he's a huge rapper and producer.

3 words: Beats by Dre.

It seems pretty simple if you're not a total bellend. But enough of that, Bound 2 is a banger.

It's not quite as simple as that. The point he's making may be true but he's putting it across in the worst possible way.

It probably is tough to be taken seriously at the executive level of brands/institutions/etc as a black person. I'm sure it's still somehwat of an old fashioned gentleman's club rife with racism, sexism and the like.

Much like this will.i.am appointment at intel, I'd guess there's a novelty aspect of having a black pop icon involved with your product. (Would intel have had as much coverage, or would people be poking fun at it, if they used Chris Martin from coldplay or someone like that?)

That said, challenging the system by playing the persecution card makes him seem like a total bell

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...