aberdeen-music

Shitlist

Lemonade

The salesman at PC World when I went in to buy my notebook was a textbook sales type: one minute he is going on about how sturdy, well-built and reliable the thing is before I purchase it, then three minutes later at the cash desk he's trying to flog me the extended warrant/cover type bollocks because apparently netbooks can be quite easily broken.

Nae points!

If they are not already on, then O2 can go on the list, they are causing me no end of shit just now.

not :up:

I got bollocked at my our Area Manager for not 'pushing' the products enough. I simply said to the customer at the till, that if they ever needed to clean the product, *this* product would be the best one to use... then I sold the shoes. The Area Manager wanted me to ring through the shoecare product saying 'you'll need this'. During the bollocking I printed of the sales figures for the year, showing that I had the best shoecare selling ratio in the North of Scotland; I guess people tend to buy more when you are not a cunt :up:

Right on, man. Area Managers are always cunts for that and it's probably because they just aren't involved in direct sales. It's utterly tiresome going through the things I don't need in my pursuit of the thing I do.

The salesman at PC World when I went in to buy my notebook was a textbook sales type: one minute he is going on about how sturdy, well-built and reliable the thing is before I purchase it, then three minutes later at the cash desk he's trying to flog me the extended warrant/cover type bollocks because apparently netbooks can be quite easily broken.

PC World are a pile of cunts. I asked the salesperson that served me if the printer I was about to buy had everything I would need to set it up. "Yes". Fair enough, here are my monies. Get home. No ink. No connector cable. (I forgot to buy paper, but that was my bad).

Bastards.

PC World are a pile of cunts. I asked the salesperson that served me if the printer I was about to buy had everything I would need to set it up. "Yes". Fair enough, here are my monies. Get home. No ink. No connector cable. (I forgot to buy paper, but that was my bad).

Bastards.

i know your pain. like i'd said, i once worked for the fuckers.

awful, awful company to work for. avoid at all costs. Me and a mate i had there called Adam were the only two honest ones there, and apparently we didnt make enough money for them. probably because we didnt try to con anyone.

fucking tosspots.

Nae points!

If they are not already on, then O2 can go on the list, they are causing me no end of shit just now.

not :up:

if anyone here ever gets "offered" that pc performance service, it's a waste of goddamn time and your money. if you do end up taking it, be sure to get as much crap off of them as possible; ie freebies, discount, etc.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Talk Talk

for that poor excuse of an ISP. Its like oh look Jims gone to the shitter perhaps we should turn the internet off, perhaps not. Lets have an anal-ogy.

Lets say Jim, who is a 45 year old ex milk demonstrator with a severe case of IBS gets a job at talk talk needs to plant one in the new forest yet his IBS decides to be a cunt and not provide any extra fertilizer in the form of say sweetcorn.

So Jim plants one without sweetcorn and his manager decides to flush the toilet because Jim is in severe pain during this flushing motion, Mr. N's internet works simply because there is no sweetcorn there to interfere with the path of the poop.... simple so far eh?

Well the same day about 17 hours later Jim(yes jim is a 45 year old, ex milk demonstrating workahollic with IBS) decides to plant another, this time hes hungry and decides to recycle his waste(because he is an eco-warrior too) he sees sweetcorn but Jims manager thinks its disgusting and flushes before the ravenous Jim gets a chance, Mr N.s internet magically cuts Until Jims workmate Jane who has crohns and lives in bombay has a ride on the gravy boat. This repeats until Mr N has enough and goes to sky....

ROFL, best post from you in decades

Dentist....had to go for the 5th time regarding a filing that keeps chipping - a filling I didn't even need until they started on my teeth :( didn't get charged but it's the other side of town and nae too nice having to get time off work every couple of weeks....which they don't seem to really give two hoots about!

Also - Aberdeen Nightlife....the complete lack of anywhere decent to go that doesn't make you feel like a pensioner or get on with some decent tuneage or a decent amount of chat/banter with other people

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Dentist....had to go for the 5th time regarding a filing that keeps chipping - a filling I didn't even need until they started on my teeth :( didn't get charged but it's the other side of town and nae too nice having to get time off work every couple of weeks....which they don't seem to really give two hoots about!

Also - Aberdeen Nightlife....the complete lack of anywhere decent to go that doesn't make you feel like a pensioner or get on with some decent tuneage or a decent amount of chat/banter with other people

err...shouldn't this post be moved to Pet Hates. Unless you advise us all to never visit the dentist or go out in aberdeen due to a general lack of customer service?! ?(

I've had an issue with Bruce Millars at the tail end of last year.

I wont go into details, but i didnt get the bass i wanted or anything else. Terrible service. Treated me like a total moron.

Ive decided that if i ever buy a new instrument again, i'll make the effort to go to Glasgow and go to reverb instead. Everytime i've been there i've had awesome service from the guys.

Oh an honourary mention to "Zoverstocks" who sell on Amazon marketplace, the same lot I was moaning about in the Pet Hates thread this morning. I emailed them to ask why the CDs I ordered last Wednesday (10 days ago) have not arrived yet, which is think is quite fair since I paid to have them sent first class and expected them last Friday or Saturday. The response I got was "We are sorry if you are experiencing this but we would be very grateful if you could wait until your order has not arrived for a minimum of 15 days after the date you placed your order. Please contact us again if your delivery is not received after this time has elapsed."

Beautiful. Guess who I won't be buying any CDs from in future?

So, 13 days since I placed my order (and they were only coming from Macclesfield!) my CDs finally arrived this morning and one of them is scratched and doesn't play. They are well and truly shitlisted.

I wont go into details, but i didnt get the bass i wanted or anything else. Terrible service. Treated me like a total moron.

Ive decided that if i ever buy a new instrument again, i'll make the effort to go to Glasgow and go to reverb instead. Everytime i've been there i've had awesome service from the guys.

I'd just like to point out that my own post about Bruce Millers was a joke and that I've had consistently good service from them over the last 25 years or so. :up:

Hmmm, sorry to hear that. Still, you did well out of the Ampeg Head and Cab so it can't all be that bad a service...

err...shouldn't this post be moved to Pet Hates. Unless you advise us all to never visit the dentist or go out in aberdeen due to a general lack of customer service?! ?(

pet hates/rants...pretty similar stuff imo, I don't pet hate the dentist all the time (altho not my fave place but keep your teeth looking half decent! so gotta appreciate them somehow!), but having to go 5 times for one tooth is ridiculous!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
pet hates/rants...pretty similar stuff imo, I don't pet hate the dentist all the time (altho not my fave place but keep your teeth looking half decent! so gotta appreciate them somehow!), but having to go 5 times for one tooth is ridiculous!

"Have you received really bad service? Banged heads with some amazingly unhelpful staff? Companies not coming through on their promises? Restaurants serving you frozen food straight from the microwave? Delivery companies claiming they tried to deliver your stuff when you were sitting at home waiting for them? Holiday company adding loads of hidden charges to your holiday? Hotel refusing to let you and your partner share a double room because you both have a dick? Name them and shame them and warn everybody else to steer clear"

^ that's the opening paragraph of this thread, it's for companies that have been shit

I'm a touch confused about this to be honest. You bought a Bass as far as your sales record goes...Incidentaly the person that dealt with you that time is now long gone (thank fuck).

Really? Then i might well come back. In defence of you guys, i did have recieve good service before the person who dealt with me.

So in other words, Go to Bruce Millars - Most of the staff are useful. One was useless IMO/IME.

The Bank of Scotland, I am a student and would like a student current account.

I didn't get one.................cunts.

I'm not a student and I have a student account with BOS. I haven't been a student since 2002 so you'd think they'd be asking if I'm a post-grad or something. Still, it's a blessing in disguise for you my friend as they have some of the most cunty charges I've ever experienced. Like the monthly overdraft fee they will additionally add to overdraft fees, from time to time, for apparently no good reason.

That and their being completely insolvent, which I like to mention at all times :up: