aberdeen-music

Shitlist

Lemonade

Slains.

The staff are an absolute bunch of twats. They are rude, don't know how to do their job and are generally unpleasant to deal with. Also, the food is shit. You have to wait ages for it and it comes out cold and isn't good. The tables are always filthy as well.

Avoid.

Dirty tables are a pet hate of mine also. I used to work in a bar and the manager there was crazy about cleanliness, especially the tables. Literally the very minute anyone stood up to leave he wanted a member of staff out there clearing, wiping and and drying the table before anyone else had a chance to sit down at it. It was a bit of a pain for us, especially if we were busy, but it made it a much much nicer place to have a meal or a drink. It's just awful sitting down to eat and there are other people's crumbs and bits of food or liquid all over the table.This also applies to bar counters. I know a lot of drink is passed over the bar, but when I lean on it when I'm getting served I don't expect to find my elbow in a puddle of Guinness.

Clean tables, clean bar FTW.

Slains.

The staff are an absolute bunch of twats. They are rude, don't know how to do their job and are generally unpleasant to deal with. Also, the food is shit. You have to wait ages for it and it comes out cold and isn't good. The tables are always filthy as well.

Avoid.

A guy at my last job used to also work part-time in the kitchens. He said all the served food is just microwaved from the freezer.

*Hang on, I'm thinking of Slain's Castle... maybe not the same place.

A guy at my last job used to also work part-time in the kitchens. He said all the served food is just microwaved from the freezer.

*Hang on, I'm thinking of Slain's Castle... maybe not the same place.

It will be the same place.

My ex used to be a chef in there and she said the same. All the food (like chilli con carne, lasagne etc.) is bought in frozen and pre-packed and simply microwaved. Everything else like buffallo wings, breaded mushrooms etc is bought frozen and then deep fried.

Still, tbh can't say I've ever had food from there I didn't enjoy.

My ex used to be a chef in there and she said the same. All the food (like chilli con carne, lasagne etc.) is bought in frozen and pre-packed and simply microwaved. Everything else like buffallo wings, breaded mushrooms etc is bought frozen and then deep fried.

Yeah, it is the same place.

We only went in because it was the only place we could get seats on Saturday lunch time. We have had a couple of good meals there but the last two or three times we've been in, it's been shite. Yup, you can tell just by looking at the food that it's been microwaved.

I'm a bit of a hygiene freak, so the dirty table was a big deal for me. It's not nice having to eat at a dirty table.

This is where I got white toast with garlic butter on it as garlic bread...oh how I laughed at it

Not all pub food is microwaved from frozen surely! Pretty sure Morgans used to be home-made (like a big pot of chilli for e.g)