aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Yep, I've not seen a champs league game like that in years. Where the game is killed off within minutes. Milan just gave up completely after the 2nd. Arse v Porto was similar but the gulf between the two sides was clear from the off there whereas Milan should have at least been competitive. Leonardo will definitely get the boot I reckon. Any manager that can make Gary Neville look good should be instantly dismissed. That's 5-0 and 4-0 at home for English sides so far, I'm predicting a similar scoreline for Chelsea. Then platini will moan and two English sides will inevitably get drawn together in the next stage and the semis to ensure a no all English final.

Yep, I've not seen a champs league game like that in years. Where the game is killed off within minutes. Milan just gave up completely after the 2nd. Arse v Porto was similar but the gulf between the two sides was clear from the off there whereas Milan should have at least been competitive. Leonardo will definitely get the boot I reckon. Any manager that can make Gary Neville look good should be instantly dismissed. That's 5-0 and 4-0 at home for English sides so far, I'm predicting a similar scoreline for Chelsea. Then platini will moan and two English sides will inevitably get drawn together in the next stage and the semis to ensure a no all English final.

I think Inter will have a bit more to offer than an injury stricken AC Milan, and they go into the tie with a lead. I can see a bit of an upset. But I also thought Milan were capable of scoring at OT, but didn't really come close apart from that Ronaldinho header. Huntelaar is very very poor.

I do hope it isn't an all English final, as it takes away the atmosphere of the trophy. Different styles of play, everything from build up speeds, to how deep teams defend. I do hope one English team is in the final though.

What's going on at Milan isn't entirely Leonardo's fault and I think he's done a good job on the whole. He started off very poorly, but they're doing a bit better in the league now, and he definitely doesn't deserve the sack. The real problem at that club is whoever is in-charge of signing players - just look at how old that squad is. Anyone could've seen their current plight coming a mile-off.

They were ghastly last night. The entire team needs a revamp from front to back. Pato is excellent and Borriello is a very useful player, but who else have they got up front? Huntelaar who is ghastly, and Inzaghi who's ancient. Their midfielders are old and decrepit (some of them are still quite useful, though) and they have a horde of donkeys playing at the back. The team is in a dreadful state, and I'm not really all that surprised that ManYoo dicked all over them.

I do hope Leonardo doesn't get the chop. Seems like a throughly smashing chap. It's certainly not his fault. I really do think a fully fit Milan would have had a reasonable chance of nicking a couple of goals.

Ronaldinho is still great to watch. Leonardo has really got him playing, and obviously the World Cup is a motivator. However, he lacks any sort of defensive responsibility, alot like Ronaldo. He'll never track back, or if he does, it will be very half arsed. With the ball, he's still very good, and his vision is as sharp as ever. Hopefully that won't come to hault after the World Cup again.

Rafael's cross for Fletcher's diving header was awesome, but also very close to the keeper. How did he not stop that?

Guest Gladstone

How good is Wayne Rooney right now? England are in with a shout if he stays fit and holds his form right through to the summer.

Clinical as fuck. Against Milan over 2 legs I think he had 4 chances and took all 4 - with ease.

He had a few more near misses over the two legs, but there were no howlers which he should have scored. He's always the link between the midfield and the frontman, simultaneously. He drops deep to where an attacking midfielder would play the ball, shifts it to another player, then bombs back into the box. He's superb. When he's not there, you really can tell. When other crucial players have been absent, like Fletcher, Valencia, and Evra, they've been replaced with another player, but when Berbatov or Owen has stepped into Rooney's position, it just leaves a massive hole.

I think Inter will have a bit more to offer than an injury stricken AC Milan, and they go into the tie with a lead. I can see a bit of an upset. But I also thought Milan were capable of scoring at OT, but didn't really come close apart from that Ronaldinho header. Huntelaar is very very poor.

I do hope it isn't an all English final, as it takes away the atmosphere of the trophy. Different styles of play, everything from build up speeds, to how deep teams defend. I do hope one English team is in the final though.

Inter do have a lot more to offer than AC but Chelsea at the bridge is a monster, they are capable of scoring two quick goals and then just shutting up shop. Although my record of predictions is unbelievably bad and Chelsea have almost hit the skids recently I am gonna stick my neck out and say they'll score 3 at least. Italian teams really don't travel well and the bridge is a fortress. Drogba will come into his own in a game like this. He loves pressure. Also Lampsy (TM Joe Cole) seems to have gotten a bit of confidence back, capped with a goal at the wknd, which is key I think.

Aside from Barca and on occasions Real, and maybe at a push Inter, I am much more entertained by the English game. I'd stick on the likes of Tottenham vs Man City or Birmingham vs Aston Villa over Sevilla vs Villareal or AC vs Juventus any day, and they are supposedly 'top' teams. It's just a better spectacle, more competitive, quicker. That said, it does detract from the majesty of the champs league not having mixed nations in the final.

. Also Lampsy (TM Joe Cole) seems to have gotten a bit of confidence back.

It's shame Big Pete will miss this one.

Joe Cole is my favourite "currently injured but is affiliated with the teams playing today" Sky Sports pundit. His child like innocence made his complete meathead attitude completely forgiveable.

"Lampsy's thrown me a bit of banter there"

Guest Gladstone
It's shame Big Pete will miss this one.

Joe Cole is my favourite "currently injured but is affiliated with the teams playing today" Sky Sports pundit. His child like innocence made his complete meathead attitude completely forgiveable.

"Lampsy's thrown me a bit of banter there"

You just know that Joe Cole has never had to do anything for himself ever in his life.

"There you go Joe, go and kick that ball about, we'll worry about everything else for you"

Guest Gladstone
I bet he doesn't even dress himself. He looks incredibly uncomfortable in a suit. He couldn't have possibly have put that on himself.

I bet he walks onto the team bus with his tie all over the place and Ancelotti has to take him aside, tie the tie on himself then put it over Joe's head - and then he still manages to fuck it up, and ends up travelling to games with his tie round his head, his shoes on the wrong feet, and his shirt poking out his spaver.

The real problem at that club is whoever is in-charge of signing players

That would be Adriano Galliani - classic human.

Galliani1.jpg

Galliani2.jpg

GallianiWife.jpg

Berlusconi is in charge of signing fat Brazilian superstars and pop stars' husbands though.

They were ghastly last night. The entire team needs a revamp from front to back. Pato is excellent and Borriello is a very useful player, but who else have they got up front? Huntelaar who is ghastly, and Inzaghi who's ancient. Their midfielders are old and decrepit (some of them are still quite useful, though) and they have a horde of donkeys playing at the back. The team is in a dreadful state, and I'm not really all that surprised that ManYoo dicked all over them.

Can't really argue with much of that. I think this is an election year in Italy though, so Berlusconi may well invest heavily in the squad.

Antonio Valencia is my favourite player right now. He is fucking class.

Sorry to jump on the Man U vs Milan game topic so late but I really think Milan were awful. I was hoping for a good ein but I kind of lost interest after two goals. I've barely missed a televised Man U game this season as they are bloody brilliant to watch and I like so many of their players: Evra, Fletcher, Rooney, Vidic and of course Valencia. With that said, I really hope Arsenal win the Champions League. I'll also stick my neck out and say they have every chance of doing so if they keep up a similar form as their game against Porto.

Anyone looking forward to the games this weekend? I think Man U vs Fulham will be good. 3-1 Man U with a Rooney hat-trick; all assisted by Valencia.

I feel the Valencia love. He's superb. A proper no nonsense winger, who doesn't get many plaudits when he's just knocking it to the byline and crossing it. If he did a stepover before each cross, he'd be the best player on the planet, bar none! I just wish he had more of a free role where he could roam centrally. When he shoots, he really does welly it, and keeps it low. In one of Ecuadors qualifiers, he cut inside from a central left position, and smashed it with hsi right foot from about 25+ yards, it hammered against the post and rebound all the way back to the halfway line and went out for a throw in. If it had hit someone, they would have been dead. Since he's so one-footed, he can't really cut inside and shoot from his position.

I think Arsenal's success will depend on the draw. They will struggle against phsyically demanding teams, like they have done in the league. They are a squad made up of primarily 5ft8 whippets who are dead fast with no muscle, with the exception of Alex Song and Gallas. Even Vermaelen is a bit weedy, and despite being a bit of a lank, Bendtner isn't really powering his way through centre backs either.

If Chelsea overcome Inter in their tie, I think they'll go on and win it. Otherwise, I think United or Barca will.

Local derby against the village idiots of Histon this afternoon, well looking forward to the match, finally we have picked up a bit of form and hopeful we can put the idiots and their people carriers worth of supporters firmly in their place. We'll probably lose now I typed that and will spend the rest of the weekend steeped in footy related depression.

crikey its amazing how football can change in a few weeks, we've gone from a team who looked like they would never win again to one whose looking unbeatable. we're grinding out wins, getting draws against the better sides and actually looking like scoring. even when we went a goal down against the village idiots we always looked like we would win the game, should have scored more that 2 though. 6 games unbeaten and our next three home games are against the footballing giants of salisbury, tamworth and grays. mid table mediocrity here we come! had we not had the chester points expunged we could have made a late dash for the play offs with a decent looking run in.