aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Maybe he actually supports Arsenal.

I thought that could be a possibility, but from the way he conducted himself in the last couple of seasons there, and also his sprint across the pitch to celebrate infront of them made me think it couldn't be possible, surely?

I always think it's quite strange that players support clubs that they don't play for. I wonder how it taints their play when they come up against the team they support.

Tevez is the king. What a player. I was supporting him tonight rather than be a neutral.

He was outstanding. Never seen a player as hungry as him. Non-stop energy.

The pro manyoo bias in the media is stomach churning. City didn't turn up for the first 20 mins but played a great game after that. Good 'containing' tactics from Bobby Manc and all round decent performances. Just skimmed the BBC text... were they watching the same match??? You'd have thought City won by pure fluke and that United were 70s Brazil. Pisses me right off.

United were the better side. I don't like Tevez. I don't like his hideous woman face and I don't like his celebrations. You're not better than Man U fool.

United were slightly on top for the first twenty minutes and owned City for the last ten, but City absolutely owned United for the hour in between.

See Gary Neville's been pulled up for "a one-fingered gesture". Hopefully the FA will actually take action against the odious toad this time. They bottled it affter the last Manc Derby when he ran along the touchline gesturing to the City fans.

Also, why has nobody in the press realised that Tevez's "mouthing" gesture was aimed at Rooney trying to put him off as he lined up the penalty? It was clear as day!

I wouldn't say owned. The game was stretched for the hour in between. City rarely looked on top. They looked very negative apart from Bellamy and Tevez. The midfield was very defensive, and they never got forward in time to support the frontmen. They looked dangerous from corners though. United are very vulnerable at the back. Absolutely no height.

Still. Harsh goals for City. The penalty wasn't a penalty, and the corner never came off a United player. That doesn't excuse Wes Browns piss-awful positioning, and the headless scrambling that caused an easy Tevez header.

Owen should have played the whole game. I thought Rooney was excellent but nobody was helping him, and he just had to take shots that led to nothing. Owen provided good link up when he came on, but it was too late. Fletcher's passing was awful.

I don't think the complaints about the penalty are justified to be honest. It's slightly harsh in that on another day it might not have been given but technically it was a correct decision. Fifa rules state that in the case of shirt pulling and the 'holding back' of an opponent, even if the initial foul is commited outside the box the ref may award a penalty. Can't be titsed looking for an actual link to prove that. Rafael was clearly impeding Bellamy. 20 yards back and it would have got whistled for with no complaints I reckon. Same thing happened to Micah on Saha the other day. Fouling stared outside the box but continued into the box therefore penalty.

Citeh played a good defensive game for once. Barry, Zabaleta and Dejong were pegged back a lot which meant all the attacking was left to the munchkins up front.

Citeh played a good defensive game for once. Barry, Zabaleta and Dejong were pegged back a lot which meant all the attacking was left to the munchkins up front.

Zaba and De Jong were particularly outstanding. Zaba must have covered every blade of grass and played in about three different positions over thr course of the 90 mins.

De Jong's just a omplete mentalist, yet amazingly fair with his challenges. A proper blood and thunder defensive midfielder.

United were slightly on top for the first twenty minutes and owned City for the last ten, but City absolutely owned United for the hour in between.

See Gary Neville's been pulled up for "a one-fingered gesture". Hopefully the FA will actually take action against the odious toad this time. They bottled it affter the last Manc Derby when he ran along the touchline gesturing to the City fans.

Also, why has nobody in the press realised that Tevez's "mouthing" gesture was aimed at Rooney trying to put him off as he lined up the penalty? It was clear as day!

As Original Spies said, I don't think there was any owning, pwning or otherwise but I didn't mean to suggest Utd were much better.

Aye, it was obvious to me that Tevez was gesturing at Rooney. He certainly made sure it went in after whatever Rooney was saying to him! Maybe he should have kept quiet. I still look forward to Carlos having more egg on his face than Kirk Broadfoot when Utd. outclass them at Old Trafford.

This whole 2-legged semi final business is a bit stupid. I don't really have much interest in watching 2 league encounters between Blackburn and Villa in a season, never mind 2 legs of a cup game. They're not fooling anyone, it's still the diddy cup.

The Da Silva twins are a constant liability when they are the last man, which is a shame, because they look like good prospects everywhere else. Just shirt tugging and body checking.

I still think it was a free kick, and I thought the Saha incident was the same. Bellamy went down a fair bit after the pulling stopped, but Rafael shouldn't have tugged anyway. He's got the pace to keep track of him, where as if it was O'Shea, he probably would have been turned inside out. Shirt pulling is always going to get called back. Why do players keep doing it??

Tevez should have buried that header from Wright Phillips' cross. SWP has really improved his final ball, but he really needs to look up from time to time. Evra did well to shut him down for the most part, but the side step he took past him before the aformentioned cross was awesome.

God, I love Evra. Did you see when he got the lighter thrown at him (quite a despicable incident in itself), and he pumped his chest with his fist where the badge on his shirt is? It was like a rap video. Best guy.

I thought it was a highly enjoyable game. Found myself supporting Man United and I have absolutely no idea why. I think it may be because I hate Craig Bellamy and think he should go and grow a neck, regardless of the fact that he is a top player. Can't believe Rooney didn't score as he was looking very good out there, especially in the last 10 minutes or so (Owen... surely not). I thought Fletcher had a good game but Carrick left a bit to be desired.

Blackburn Rovers 2-0 Aston Villa! Should be a... err... classic....

If Park and Tevez ever hung out, it would be silence.

Like in Seinfeld with George and Elaine.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but it has recently come to my attention that there are a startling number of footballers in bands nowadays.

first I saw this:

Tevez's band

then this

Nobby Solano's got the Geordie Latinos on the go too. Babel raps. What's going on? Anyone know of any more? I remember there was a guy who played for Notts forest who quit football to pursue a career in music. He scored once in an important Uefa cup match in stoppage time, that's all I remember about him but I always wondered what happened to him.

Like in Seinfeld with George and Elaine.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but it has recently come to my attention that there are a startling number of footballers in bands nowadays.

first I saw this:

Tevez's band

then this

Nobby Solano's got the Geordie Latinos on the go too. Babel raps. What's going on? Anyone know of any more? I remember there was a guy who played for Notts forest who quit football to pursue a career in music. He scored once in an important Uefa cup match in stoppage time, that's all I remember about him but I always wondered what happened to him.

It's kinda like the reverse of celebrity/pop star charity football events and equally as shit.

Lee Richardson (Rico! Rico!) played drums in a band up here and I believe John Barnes is from just south of the Watford gap.