aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Nobby Solano is training with us with a view to signing for the rest of the season. I'd absolutely love it if this comes to fruition - one of my all-time favourite Newcastle players, without a shadow of a doubt. I was absolutely gutted when he left us last time around, and despite the fact that he's 35, I reckon he could still do a job at this level for a few months.

I love sentimental shit like this.

Nobby Solano is training with us with a view to signing for the rest of the season. I'd absolutely love it if this comes to fruition - one of my all-time favourite Newcastle players, without a shadow of a doubt. I was absolutely gutted when he left us last time around, and despite the fact that he's 35, I reckon he could still do a job at this level for a few months.

I love sentimental shit like this.

Aye, next it'll be Olivier Bernard (how did his career descend so rapidly? Must've been that knock to the head he took) and Lauren Robert.

On another Newcastle related note, i went into a sports shop today and they had a sale on NUFC shirts, got the home one for a tenner.

Aye, next it'll be Olivier Bernard (how did his career descend so rapidly? Must've been that knock to the head he took) and Lauren Robert.

On another Newcastle related note, i went into a sports shop today and they had a sale on NUFC shirts, got the home one for a tenner.

It's mental how quickly everything went to shit for Bernard. He became a very solid left-back for us during his first spell, but after that he just fell to pieces. I remember Roeder or Souness bringing him back and not playing him once. Strange move.

Remember when Pavel Srnicek came back? That was awesome.

Solano was ace back in the day and despite his advancing years could still do a job.

Spare a thought for me tomorrow night when your enjoying the manchester derby from the comfort of your armchair or with a pint in the pub. I shall be freezing me balls off watching a team devoid of ideas and confidence in one of the lowest abbey crowds in years watching cambridge huff and puff their way through an FA Trophy second round match against our saturday league conquorers Eastbourne Boro (no league win in 15 before beating us on saturDAY!). Strangely looking forward to it mind!!!

Some photos of some proper rough football fights in Ireland.

BBC Sport - Football - Photos from the abandoned Newry v Larne Irish Cup match

That's crazy. I was expecting to see pictures of crowd trouble and Danny Dyer in the background but it is a poor show when the players can't control themselves. The no. 4 (Feeney) looks like he took a fair boot to the head.

Arsenal looked on a completely different level to Bolton yesterday. Krasnic managed to make some decent chances, but other than that, their passing looked atrocious in comparison. Young down the right caused Traore a few problems, but the final ball was never there.

Arsenals link between the midfield and forwards is awesome to watch at times, almost like Barcelona. The only consistent weak link for me is Eduardo. I don't think he's up to the same standard as everyone else. He was on the left mostly, instead of playing central. I'd have preferred to see Wilshere on the wing instead. He's got mad skills.

The bit when Taylor was forcing Fabregas' head into the grass by putting his whole shin across his neck whilst pulling his hair was brutal. What a fucking fanny. Who the fuck pulls hair? Sometimes it's shame that you'd probably get banned from the game for life if you stood up after something like that, and knuckled the chump right in the teeth, regardless of how justified it is.

Lucas and Mascherano are due about a thousand punches in the gob each.

so tonight, the big one. We beat Edinburgh City at meadowbank and we will face Hibs int he next round of the cup. This game is the most important match of the last few years and I'm shitting myself. Even Bill Leckie mentioned us in today's tit and bum....Whinge festival | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish Sport|Columnists|Bill Leckie Sports

It's mental how quickly everything went to shit for Bernard. He became a very solid left-back for us during his first spell, but after that he just fell to pieces. I remember Roeder or Souness bringing him back and not playing him once. Strange move.

Remember when Pavel Srnicek came back? That was awesome.

Yeah but it wasn't Shaka.

Newcastle's team circa-98-99 was legendary. Shay Given, Stuart Pearce, Warren Barton, Rob Lee, Didi Hamman, Alan Shearer, Duncan Ferguson, Nobby Solano, David Batty, Andreas Andersson, Gary Speed. Top notch :up:

Biggest legend of that era has to be Philippe Albert though, purely for that goal against Man United. What a dude. Some of my all-time favourite Newcastle players in that list, though: Given, Lee, Shearer, Big Dunc, Nobby, Batty, Speed. What about Darren Peacock and Steve Howey? David Ginola, John Beresford, the criminally misused John Dahl Tomasson... Christ, we had some pretty cracking players back in the day!

Sadly, though, Nobby won't be signing with us. Hughton ruled it out this morning. It's probably for the best, but I would have loved to see him wearing the black and white just one more time. The ovation he'd have got would've been off the charts.

Absolutely massive game for us against West Brom tonight. I'm really nervous about it; their away record is very good, but we're undefeated at home and tend to play alright against the league's "better" teams. Still, to coin an old phrase, it's a 6-pointer, and those are the kind of games that we usually balls up completely. They'll probably come up here and try to pass the ball around us (Di Matteo seems to play a more expansive game away from home, which is a head-scratcher), which will probably suit us because Alan Smith is fantastic at destroying pretty football.

We'll start with Shola and Carroll up front, probably adopting our usual hoofball tactics. Heart says 2-1, head says 1-1.

See Calderwood's famous excuses have started already:

Brown wants Motherwell job | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Calderwood admitted two days had not been enough time to prepare his side, who have had to train indoors because of the big freeze.

He said: "It's very difficult when you've just come in the day before and you're only in the wonderful facility at Toryglen because you can't really do too much tactical-wise - well, virtually nothing."

See also:

Calderwood: Killie players so tired | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

The Mank derby tomorrow is getting me excited. I hope Tevez played an absolute blinder, but I hope he doesn't score, as I imagine he'll do a bit of an Adebayor. Tevez seems like a right good gent, but I'd be disappointed if he paraded about like a cunt infront of his old clubs fans/players.

Who'd have thought a club with so many strikers could have an apparent 'injury crisis'. With Santa Claus now out and that guy from Togo who still wears Arsenal clobber on compassionate leave, who have they got besides Tevez?

who have they got besides Tevez?

Ben-fuckin-jani yo!!! The man is awesome. Chills in the reserves for two years then sidles into the team and does his job like the pro he is. He can hold up the ball so well, prefect for bellers and tevez to get in behind. I reckon he'll start tomorrow. Can't wait.

:laughing:

Nothing new there. Has he used the phrase "Kilmarnock are a massive club" yet? Only a matter of time if he hasn't already. Christ, he said that about the DA...

:up: