aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

tony cascarion and paul mcgraths books were good reads. I would heartily reccomend Pointless too, if albeit dramatised.

alos, for those who look out for the mo...

"Drawn Away From Home" by Alec Miller. Basically he got called to work away from Scotland for a year and it is his book about being away from MFC and how difficult it can be to obtain info using the usual sources. It covers the 2004/2005 season and is a great read for football fans, although probably more suited to those who give a toss about lower league football.

Bobby Robson's "Farewell But Not Goodbye" was a great read. I'm biased as a Newcastle fan, of course, but his story's incredible uplifiting and even more poignant now he's gone. Even in print he comes across as the most likeable man in the universe.

Only other football book I've read is Mick Quinn's "Who Ate All The Pies?" which was a good laugh. Getting that "Inverting the Pyramid" lark for Christmas.

I read a good Brian Clough one a few years ago. Not The Damned United, though that was pretty good as well. I think it might have been this one but I'm not 100% sure.

Cloughie: Walking on Water: Amazon.co.uk: Brian Clough: Books

I've been meaning to pick up a book on him for ages and just never got round to it. Saw The Damned United recently and stoked my interest again although I probably wouldn't get the book the film was based on as I heard it is quite flawed.

There are some excellent stories and quotes about Cloughie so I'd imagine books about him are quite interesting.

I imagine all the English sides will get through, although Milan took points of Real in the group stage, so you never know. Chelsea and Arsenal are certainties for me, though.

The draw for the CL has always been a strange topic of discussion though. There was that incident a few years ago on a forum where someone said "This will be the draw for the quarter final" and everyone was just like "Whatever". A few days later, the draw took place, and it happened. That was weird.

If Milan play to their best and Man U are a bit off, then they could probably edge it, I don't fancy it though. Same goes for Inter vs Chelsea, on paper they are very well matched, Inter just don't seem to click in the CL for some reason. Arsenal will beat Porto, I fancy both Real and Barca to get through. Pretty sure Bordeaux will beat Olympiakos. Bayern vs Fiorentina is an interesting one, not sure what will happen there, same goes for CSKA and Sevilla.

I hope he stays at Milan too. It would certainly help keep their average age down at the very least.

if he did leave, I think he'd be a good catch for Arsenal who just don't have a replacement for Van Persie. Eduardo just isn't up to the task. I like Bentdner. He's a bit sluggish, but good for a header and a decent pass. Pato just has it all. Quick feet too, alot like Van Persie.

quite happy the cambridge v oxford game has been called off due to a couple of snowflakes! wasn't exactly relishing the prospect of grappling with rush hour traffic on the A14, freezing my tits off selling programmes and probably getting a good pasting by the runaway league leaders!

grappling with rush hour traffic, freezing my tits off selling programmes and probably getting a good pasting

I can relate with, and feel, your pain Del.

I recommend a those gloves with the rubber tips!

Away to Hampden tomorrow, hopefully get our first league win in 17 attempts and hopefully get our 8th goal or more in 17 attempts.

Apparently our game with the Smoggies could be called off on Sunday if the weather forecast holds true. Snow on Saturday night, ice on Sunday morning. Nae fine.

don't you big clubs have undersoil heating? or is it so severe that the heating won't work? shame was looking forward to seeing the game on the telly.

don't you big clubs have undersoil heating? or is it so severe that the heating won't work? shame was looking forward to seeing the game on the telly.

I'm not sure tbh, just going by what a few people on one of our forums have posted.

I'm looking forward to it. Stadium's almost sold out apparently, so we could be looking at a 50k+ crowd which would be a new Championship record. Now is a great time to play them, too, as they don't seem to be in very good form and apparently Strachan's had a bust-up with St. Ledger. They treat it as their derby too (we don't) so it should be a pretty tasty game.

That said, we usually play awful in these clashes and it ends up being 1-1.

CL fuck off, this is football...

:up:

lol :up:

actually I was really looking forward to the match tonight, love friday night games and would have been decent crowd and good atmosphere. I even bought a santa hat to wear when I programme flogging! Still it'll keep for the boxing day match against arch rivals Stevenage!

Portsmouth currently playing a stormer. Liverpool lacklustre as fuck.

Glad to see Hughes has grown a pair. Lazybayor and Robinho are both on the bench. That'll hopefully give them that kick up the arse they need. Although, it may just give them reason to gripe. The way football is just now players can just moan themselves a transfer without having put in the performances to back it up.