aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Do you mean you couldn't care less?

Seen as though they both mean the same thing these days (though obviously people who don't like Americanisms won't agree)...

In case you don't understand, they are generally both happily used to mean the same thing and have done for the past 30 years or so. So the answer to your question is yes. However, the question wasn't really needed in the first place unless trying to be smart and failing miserably was your main aim?

Fucking hell, there's a name. Played with/against him years back. From Woodside if I remember right. He still a pacey midget?

the boy is like shit off a shovel but has ounces of skill, if he can muster up the final ball/composure he has real potential to go on to bigger and better things. He was recently causing nightmares to ross tokely, grant munro and ryan esson.

Also plays Ice Hockey at county/national level I believe

i saw the funniest thing in ages tonight at the cambridge game - a t shirt taking the piss out of newcastle united in the style of trainspotting... e.g choose scunthorpe, choose championship over champions league, choose a new messiah and loads more! wish i'd have written more down now!

as for on the pitch a mish mash of mainly kids lost the cambridgeshire professional cup to those web toed village idiots from histon who fielded their first team and celebrated like they'd won the world cup to a crowd of less than 900 (bear in mind the boxing day fixture between the same clubs last season attracted a crowd of just under 7000). still thats our chance of any silverware gone for the season bar the FA Trophy!

oh well pre season done and dusted now, bring on the new season!!!!

btw, my point was highlighting the fact that many Utd "fans" only turn up to cup semi's/finals, however, if you enjoy the idea of pelting abuse my way regardless; be my guest.

No, you were having a cheap dig. Grow a pair and own up to it at least or keep your mouth shut.

Even if you didn't mean it like that (by some strange twist of logic) i would usually credit you with enough intelligence to think that it may cause annoyance with the way you termed it.

winner-1.gif

if I wanted to have a cheap dig I would say something about one of your many teams that you watch/"support" on the internet/telly or being a miserable git etc etc but being honest, I can't really be bothered with back and forth digs with people on the internet, I'm not 21 anymore.

You implied i was a "part-time" fan. That's a dig. Have you had a knock on the head or something?

3 teams, i'm not miserable and i'm too old to suffer your childish bullshit. Don't bother saying anything else, end of story.

Seen as though they both mean the same thing these days (though obviously people who don't like Americanisms won't agree)...

In case you don't understand, they are generally both happily used to mean the same thing and have done for the past 30 years or so. So the answer to your question is yes. However, the question wasn't really needed in the first place unless trying to be smart and failing miserably was your main aim?

Well they quite simply don't mean the same thing.

"I couldn't care less" implies that you care so little about something that there is no way that you could care any less about it. You just don't care at all.

"I could care less" means that you actually do care about it a bit ('bit' being a small amount or even a large amount) because there is a part of you that could easily care a bit less about it.

The question really is - are you happy to pander to lazy Americanisms that defeat the English language? Why would you use "I could care less" when quite clearly;

a) it is incorrect,

b) it failed to adequately summise your feelings on the 'biting' incident, and (most importantly)

c) you are aware that both phrases exist yet still chose the wrong one?

[EDIT= P.S. United fans are pretty terrible.]

:love:

Well they quite simply don't mean the same thing.

"I couldn't care less" implies that you care so little about something that there is no way that you could care any less about it. You just don't care at all.

"I could care less" means that you actually do care about it a bit ('bit' being a small amount or even a large amount) because there is a part of you that could easily care a bit less about it.

The question really is - are you happy to pander to lazy Americanisms that defeat the English language? Why would you use "I could care less" when quite clearly;

a) it is incorrect,

b) it failed to adequately summise your feelings on the 'biting' incident, and (most importantly)

c) you are aware that both phrases exist yet still chose the wrong one?

[EDIT= P.S. United fans are pretty terrible.]

:love:

I know what both mean. However, if it's been ok for other people to use it for the last 30 odd years then it's ok for me to use it as well. I'm not that bothered to be honest. If you are, then i'm sure there's some spilled milk somewhere you can be crying about as well.

It's a coloquilism or a slang term and yes it does mean the same thing when used like that. We're both right in this instance though why you had to try to be clever and drag it out in a prolonged manner, i don't know. I mean for god sake, we live in a city where a good percentage of the population can't speak English properly (locals included), it's hardly crime of the century.

can we get back to football please?

Ive only been able to catch a few pre season games so far. Arsenal and Chelsea have looked immense at times. People needn't worry about Arsenal not spending, theyve got quality in abundance (wilshire, Ramsay, Arshavin, Eduardo in particular have been awesome). Some of the passing play against Rangers was top class. Although the physicality of the the likes of Bolton et al may be too much for their delicate wee leggies. In Chelsea's case, that team has been together for quite some time now and it shows. They are absolutely rock solid. Zirkhov looks like a decent addition too.

I love being a neutral! Go football!

can we get back to football please?

Ive only been able to catch a few pre season games so far. Arsenal and Chelsea have looked immense at times. People needn't worry about Arsenal not spending, theyve got quality in abundance (wilshire, Ramsay, Arshavin, Eduardo in particular have been awesome). Some of the passing play against Rangers was top class. Although the physicality of the the likes of Bolton et al may be too much for their delicate wee leggies. In Chelsea's case, that team has been together for quite some time now and it shows. They are absolutely rock solid. Zirkhov looks like a decent addition too.

I love being a neutral! Go football!

I think the problem with Arsenal is a real lack of depth and experience. They could do with a few solid players who can bring on the youngsters. At the moment they've only really got Gallas (a total prima donna) and Silvestre (Well past his best, if he ever had a best). Getting Vieira would be a good idea to add cohesion to the midfield but they really need two quality defenders in my opinion. They won't miss Adebayor at all as Eduardo is a pretty good striker and Rapey Van Persie is more than good for a decent goal tally each season. If they can get Rosicky playing again then they won't want for creativity (Arshavin, Nasri, Walcott et al.)

Chelsea need to get rid of some of the older guys like Deco, Ballack etc as they won't get that much of a look in this season and they really need a consistent out and out forward. Zhirkov looks great though, much better than Malouda if he's pushed forward.

Arsenal have been crying out for an experienced holding player since Gilberto Silva left.

It's going to be an exciting English season I think, Man Utd probably having been brought closer to Chelsea and Liverpool with the loss of Ronaldo, Man City and their crazy piggy bank, Arsenal's young team with another years experience (and experience back in the team with Rosicky), Villa and Everton trying to kick on from good positions last year...

Just need it to start now!

Arsenal have badly needed a bit of grit and steel in their team for years. They have a slew of technically outstanding players but the don't have a good balance at all. Fabregas, Nasri, and Rosicky are all class acts, but who've they got that can sit deep and break-up play/hold the fort when they're getting all silky up the field? They desperately need a beast of a holding midfielder as they've never replaced Vieira, although whether or not bringing him back would be the answer. Come to think of it, Yaya Toure would be an absolutely fantastic addition to their squad, but they won't sign him. Diaby's not a bad option through the middle; I'm not sure why Wenger is obsessed with playing him on the wing.

Up-front, they need a focal point. Eduardo is fantastic and so is Robin van Rapie, but which one of the two are they supposed to put their play through? Both players would benefit from having a technically-sound target man up to top help them out. Not necessarily a Jan Koller-style heifer, but someone like the Bourdeaux player they've been linked with (Chamakh) would make a hell of a difference. I'm not a big Adebayor fan, but they will definitely miss his physical presence up top.

Their defence isn't the strongest, either. They've got some great full-backs but they've lost Toure (who I thought had a pretty poor season), Gallas isn't quite the player he used to be, and Silvestre and Senderos are... well, Silvestre and Senderos. I've never seen Thomas Vermaelan (sp?) play, but for my money they need to sign at least one more CB to tighten-up at the back.

I still think they'll finish top 4 as they've still got some truly outstanding players (Arshavin makes my loins wet), but the gap between them and the chasing pack is only going to widen unless they make some changes.

PS: Just seen Martin Ling's resigned at Cambridge after 8 days! Disaster! What the hell is going on down there, delboy?