aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

turned on sky sports news when i was eating me bran flakes this morning and fainted cos they weren't linking man city with anyone! i'm really beginning to think city might put in a challenge this season and could certainly be worth an each way punt.

Last time I was there there were a load of dicks in that bit? Possibly the Red Ultras? Do they still go there?

Aye they punted the Ultras down the front of that stand for the cup games last season, fuck knows why. They're fairly harmless but it's quite annoying having to try and see past their flags. One of the reasons I moved from the RDU was those cunts with their fucking bongo drums. 90 minutes of "bong, bong, bong-bong-bong, bong-bong-bong-bong - THE DONS!" drove me up the fucking wall. Imagine someone sitting behind you bashing a bongo drum AS HARD AS THEY CAN for an hour and a half. And then 3 of his mates started taking bongo drums as well. Time for a new seat.

I preferred the atmosphere of RDU (before the bongos started) but you get a much better view in the South.

turned on sky sports news when i was eating me bran flakes this morning and fainted cos they weren't linking man city with anyone! i'm really beginning to think city might put in a challenge this season and could certainly be worth an each way punt.

I can't see them snatching the league with their current squad (but there's still plenty of time left before the window closes, as well as January, with no end of transfer funds in sight).

I think 3rd would be a realistic accomplishment, and very possible.

Aye they punted the Ultras down the front of that stand for the cup games last season, fuck knows why.

It was to improve the atmosphere in the ground. I wouldn't mind so much if they took up the whole of section Y and created a South American style carnival atmosphere but one guy in his thirties and a handful of teenagers doesn't really do that.

I don't want to criticise anyone for trying to add a bit of atmosphere to Pittodrie....although I suppose I just did.

GloboEsporte.com > Futebol > Corinthians - NOTCIAS - Alm da mo, Ronaldo faz cirurgia para retirada de 700 mililitros de gordura

If I've translated this article right, original (fat) Ronaldo has had liposuction. After breaking his wrist by falling on his own arm, he was in hospital for surgery on it, and seemingly decided to get a bit of fat removed while he was at it.

Champ.

I can't see them snatching the league with their current squad (but there's still plenty of time left before the window closes, as well as January, with no end of transfer funds in sight).

I think 3rd would be a realistic accomplishment, and very possible.

i tend to agree with that but given the amount of money they have at their disposal they certainly are going to compete with the big four now and if they can get in the champs league then naturally going to attract some even better players. a bit more competition for the monopoly can only be a good thing i feel.

We're about to get taken over!

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian tycoon speaks on Newcastle Utd deal - Sport - ArabianBusiness.com

Apparently this bloke's in the "final stages" of buying the club. Fucking delighted! I don't care how dodgy he is, he's gotta be better than Fat Mike.

delboy was spot-on earlier in the week when he said one tiny bit of news can completely brighten your perspective on football.

We're about to get taken over!

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian tycoon speaks on Newcastle Utd deal - Sport - ArabianBusiness.com

Apparently this bloke's in the "final stages" of buying the club. Fucking delighted! I don't care how dodgy he is, he's gotta be better than Fat Mike.

delboy was spot-on earlier in the week when he said one tiny bit of news can completely brighten your perspective on football.

Ummm, okay. I don't think this guy is even real...

Murrr fail.