aberdeen-music

Music Festivals 2009

Sturtpot

Going to Download this year, Faith No More baby!!!! For those going down to Download, how are you getting there?

Was at Roskilde last year for my stagger and totally agree with Dave-IRL it was totally well organised and the line up last year and this year was pretty special. Would love to go back!!!

Well I think i'll be getting the Happy Bus again as it was really good banter last year. My mate bought a ticket from OneUp for 79 compared to 72 on the website. I was thinking of driving down for a wee while but I only passed my test 2 months ago so thats probably not the best of ideas.

Aye, it's great! Fantastic atmosphere, less neds, quality local food and drink, decent bands (mostly found in the wee tents).

Fully recommend it :up:

Agreed! You could probably bump into one of the other bands in a tent too.

I'm still wavering on the idea of going to End of the Road again, because it was awesome last year, but I dunno, it seemed all of the bands we were pretty much there to see toured and played Glasgow anyway, so I might just wait for their individual tours to be announced.

Still want to go to Roskilde/Primavera/ATP/Benicassim at some point too. Maybe next year if I've got the dollah.

I haven't been to T in the Park before however I've heard from my mates who are regulars that its just kinda degenerated over the last few years into a musically predictable, drug infused, unsociable, stab-fest...

QUOTE]

Yeah but there`s bad points too!

Its just got too big really, but i still find it hard to resist - still get the buzz when i get there.

first year i went was 96 at strathclyde park and just feel that each year since has been slightly different, obviously through age and atmosphere.

really like the smaller festival idea, but at the moment they cant compete, line-up wise,

but they have the better atmosphere for sure.

I haven't been to T in the Park before however I've heard from my mates who are regulars that its just kinda degenerated over the last few years into a musically predictable, drug infused, unsociable, stab-fest... apparently not as good as it was back in the day!

You're really, really not missing out on much. It's pretty much the dirtiest thing in the world, althooough; even though even if the line-up doesn't look so great it's rare that two bands you like out of the hoard of shite will be on at the same time so it's still usually got an awesome money paid to get in:worth of bands you've seen ratio.

As for Benicassim; I tried so hard to get my friends to think it was a good idea to go there instead of on their 6th year holiday, but they're rubbish and thought Ayia Napa was a better bet. :'(

You're really, really not missing out on much. It's pretty much the dirtiest thing in the world, . :'(

It is pretty dirty like! but doesnt have to be too dirty, pay a wee bit of money and camp in the tangerine fields bit, tent, mattress, sleeping bag all there for you when you arrive! also toilets which are just for that bit, so much cleaner! we did it last year and was soo great not carrying a tent etc! this year im not even gonna carry my beer, booked to pick it up when i get there! and its cold! quality!

oh and DOVES have now been confirmed :up:

It is pretty dirty like! but doesnt have to be too dirty, pay a wee bit of money and camp in the tangerine fields bit, tent, mattress, sleeping bag all there for you when you arrive! also toilets which are just for that bit, so much cleaner! we did it last year and was soo great not carrying a tent etc! this year im not even gonna carry my beer, booked to pick it up when i get there! and its cold! quality!

oh and DOVES have now been confirmed :up:

What he said.

We are doing the tangerine fields at TitP and did so at Connect last year and it fairly lightens the load. Pre-booking booze as well essentially means just carrying in a bag of clothes...good times. But aye, TitP can be full of dirty minks but I can put up with that prospect to see Blur, Doves and Elbow.

The Lock-Up Stage at Leeds/ Reading is bloody brilliant but I've seen most bands I'd want to see there already and know a few of them are doing headline dates around it, including The Flatliners, Streetlight Manifesto and and A Wilhelm Scream, so I'll hopefully catch one or two then!

I'm going to Rebellion in August after touring for a fortnight. Really can't wait for it, and it's going to be the first festival I've been to. The line-up is fab, most excited for Jaya the Cat, Chief, Sonic Boom Six (& Baby Boom), Suicide Bid, Chris Murray, Babar Luck, The Skints, Babylon Whackers, JB Conspiracy, The King Blues & H20... H20!!!!