aberdeen-music

my ebay career has reached glittering new heights!!

framheim

i just won something i've been searching for for a very very long time. a copy of a canadian fanzine called amazezine which gave away one of the first godspeed you black emperor releases free with an issue of their magazine. twas a split 7" with le fly pan am. every time i've seen it before it's gone for a small fortune and i just won it for twenty quid! result.

sorry, i know this is probably of little interest to anyone but i'm really quite excited and had to tell someone. :D

i just won something i've been searching for for a very very long time. a copy of a canadian fanzine called amazezine which gave away one of the first godspeed you black emperor releases free with an issue of their magazine. twas a split 7" with le fly pan am. every time i've seen it before it's gone for a small fortune and i just won it for twenty quid! result.

sorry' date=' i know this is probably of little interest to anyone but i'm really quite excited and had to tell someone. :D[/quote']

*cough*onion*cough*

:p

EBay can be great, although watch out for expensive p & p, dodgy sellers from abroad and mint condition vinyl thats anything but...

My best bargains - well I just got a 5 CD boxset for 9 squids incl p & p that costs almost 60 squids in the shops. I got Pere Ubu's Dub Housing mint original LP for 3 pounds, Sonic Youths 4 tunna brix & Evol LP for a fiver etc etc,

Dave

PS the best tip for Ebay is to avoid a bid fever if you get outbid.

sorry' date=' i know this is probably of little interest to anyone but i'm really quite excited and had to tell someone. :D[/quote']

20 squids seems good value considering this went for 35 squids, GSYBE Ebay item

There is nothing as strange as auctions and final prices...

Dave

*cough*onion*cough*

:p

hehehe' date=' they could do a follow up article for the digital age.

[b']27 RECORD STORE CLERKS RECIEVE SASSER VIRUS THROUGH GODSPEED EBAY AUCTION

"it was their first 7 inch, you almost never see that on ebay!" said one sobbing clerk geek.

or something along those lines. :D

Not totally on topic, I know, but William Schaff (who did the artwork for GYBE's "Lift your skinny fists....") played at Drakes as part of the Iditarod about a year ago. He's a really nice guy and has lots of great drawings, collages etc for sale. (He also did the artwork for my own album on Secret Eye).