aberdeen-music

Element to play Glasgow

Hog

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it obviously didnt affect what the judges thought of them did it....

Actually, that band did 3 band covers and had one song that was a rip-off of "Ariels" by SOAD. So much of a rip-off that we all stared at each other in disbelief.

Also...

This band or another band stole some of our equipment and the promotor was banning them from the competition...obviously not..

Bitter? Nope. I just it funny that judge either a) Doesn't stick to the rules or b) Doesn't have much basic knowledge about Metal (i.e. doesn't recognize songs that are covers)

Actually, that band did 3 band covers and had one song that was a rip-off of "Ariels" by SOAD. So much of a rip-off that we all stared at each other in disbelief.

Also...

This band or another band stole some of our equipment and the promotor was banning them from the competition...obviously not..

Bitter? Nope. I just it funny that judge either a) Doesn't stick to the rules or b) Doesn't have much basic knowledge about Metal (i.e. doesn't recognize songs that are covers)

Jeez. What did they steal? or try to?

Hate bands like that :swearing:

there wasnt really specifically any " rules " about covers, BUT

the compo statement thingy did say " be original " etc, i also heard they were being banned from the comp for stealing elements, what was it neil said, drum stands or something? cant remember. oh well.

if we win the final, we'll make sure we represent Aberdeen well! although ive a feeling burning earth are much more suited to bloodstocks recent years of darker, deathier kinda metal, instead of its old roots of trad-power metal! who knows though.

personally ill be happy if anyone except deadly inscription go through

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i was speaking to the bloodstock representative whilst the shady underage coverband was on and he just said in my ear " i thought i was pretty fucking specific when i said no bloody covers "

Also, sound guy was a cunt to me, i clearly dont get on well with sound engineers haha

at least it was a unanimous judge and not text voting/crowd voting etc, filth like that

if nothing else had amazing banter in the green room with the other bands, we have to get Syth up here at somepoint!