aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Element to play Glasgow

Any space in the car convoy on the way back? Me and Jake are in Glasgow for the football that day, not sure about him but I'd happily pop along....

:up:

Ascension are playing the same heat as element :O

its good theres like a good few aberdeen bands involved in this and not just a massive glasgow mash up, that would be unfair. sounds well legit tho, no stupid crowd hand votes, or texting in.

Roll on i'morns night! see you there lads :p

Well said.

We're playing the same gig as you guys and that is cool.

Look forward to catching up with ya's down there

:up:

Yeah, went well I think.

Thought we played pretty well.

I think we have to wait until all the heats have finished until we hear who got through.

they told us "you'll get an email...maybe 2 bands will go through" we havent heard anything yet sooo...fuck knows, all i know is that one of the bands playing were pure emo bollocks and i dont think bloodstock wants them lol.

Wasn't exactly a massive fan of the band that did 3 covers and "borrowed" a few riffs blatantly when we were supposed to be showcasing original material!

Wasn't exactly a massive fan of the band that did 3 covers and "borrowed" a few riffs blatantly when we were supposed to be showcasing original material!

That is BOTB for you!

yeah, 3 covers was pushing it a bit, and i know what you mean about borrowing riffs, there was one song they played i was certain was gonna be Aerials by system of a down, the intro was almost exactly the same.

Said the exact same thing regarding Aerials.

The thing I think was "funniest" about it was their choice of covers. Seek And Destroy by Metallica isn't exactly discreet! I'm fairly certain we could have covered something rather obscure and it wouldn't be picked up on at all. Metallica is kinda just asking for it!