aberdeen-music

Free Anti-Virus software?

kirkt

AFAIK there is zero problems running 2 different anti virus softwares.....I have done this many many times and NEVER had ANY issues....Especially if your simply installing one to then uninstall another....

Best Free anti-virus out there is defo AVG ...The reason it is free is its only used on one machine at anyone time......The AVG you have to pay for is for multi pc's and more for bussiness'ssssss's

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct in thinking AVG will be discontinued but its not untill jan 15th 2010...Its not the entire free AVG thats getting discontinued just 7.1....7.5 will run perfect and all other updates upgrades there after....

AVG Free - Download installation files & documentation

And a very very very handy link for getting rid of virus's

AVG Free - Virus Removal

Excuse me?....

While installing one antivirus then immediatly getting rid of another has never ever caused me problems....So yeah utter drivel my arse ;)

Why on earth would you install them concurrently then delete one? Every PC I've built/fixed/used etc I do the same thing. Totally remove one program before installing the other. If you do what you suggest you run into problems with shared files, clashes etc. As milner says, the problems might not be obvious, but you can bet your ass they will be there, especially with something deep rooted like anti-virus software.

So yeah, utter fucking drivel.