aberdeen-music

250 reward for information on missing items

Flash@TMB

Haha. That'd be sweet.

All joking aside, you can get small and relatively cheap tracking devices quite easily off the internet. Plus, werewolves would only be of use if the kit was stolen on a full moon.

All joking aside, you can get small and relatively cheap tracking devices quite easily off the internet.

Excellent idea. Surveillance cameras shoud also be installed in the ladies' toilet cubicles, just incase women are secretly pinching toilet roll to take home with them.

I'm pretty sure this was what Chuck Berry was on the lookout for.

You should put electronic tags on everything and put those detectors at either side of the door, like they have in shops (so if you take something between them without paying for it, an alarm goes off). Only instead of an alarm, a length or razor wire should come out and slice their achilles open. Or a flamethrower.

Excellent idea. Surveillance cameras shoud also be installed in the ladies' toilet cubicles, just incase women are secretly pinching toilet roll to take home with them.

I'm pretty sure this was what Chuck Berry was on the lookout for.

Hardly on a par with knowing where your hi-hat is if it goes missing, eh?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Like the trolleys at Asda? I don't buy that whole story about the red line. One of these days i'm going to test it.....

You've seriously never tested it?

It doesn't work. There you go. Myth busted.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Don't do it.

We tested it (with a full run up) and ended up going flying into the bushes as the wheels locked :(

Mythbusters has a lot to answer for...

I don't believe you cos we've done it before. How do shopping trolleys land up in various locations around Garthdee/King Street etc?

(Okay - I realise you could lift them over the thing, but you're still speaking bollocks)

Don't do it.

We tested it (with a full run up) and ended up going flying into the bushes as the wheels locked :(

Mythbusters has a lot to answer for...

He speaks the truth. It just locks one of the wheels up. You see people pushing them with like 2 bags in them lifting the back 2 wheels off the ground... Surely its easier to just carry the bags?

x

Lost a boss TU chromatic tuner pedal on January 17th too. Any sign of this one? This sort of thing should teach me not to get arseholed at gigs, sadly not.

The stage is very dark. It's probably till up there with dozen of other tuners. Even some large items have gone missing up there for years. Who knows, there might be a crazed band member hiding in the corner behind the speaker cabs, and living on the dregs out of the last bands glasses. Perhaps that's where Bobby is.

We'll have a look, please someone tie a rope round my waist - I'm going iiiiinnnnnnnn...

Not that Ive ever stolen a trolley but I have got a trolley past the line before just to prove to myself that I could (Im talking about ASDA Garthdee here).

Its just a strong magnetic strip (well, quite a thick strip) under the concrete. Go into the bushes and youll be fine or be a true minker and just lift it up.

Mink problem solved.

Funnily enough I just left my trolley past the line. I suspect a minker stole it.

I mentioned above that I'd never tried it, which isn't strictly true, I did once try to wheel a trolley out of the car park at Asda Garthdee, just to see if I could, and as I was approaching the red line, a crazy tramp came running out of the bushes and started yelling gibberish at me. I think he had appointed himself as some sort of Guardian Of The Trolleys, a bit like the troll in the 3 Billy Goats Gruff. It wasn't even words, just gibberish but it was obviously threats and he looked real fucking angry, so I just gave it to him cos he was nuts and a bit scary. Then he followed me all the way to the door, shouting more gibberish at me.

Anyway, that scared me off ever trying it again. If that's what you have to contend with to get a free trolley, I'll just carry my bags.

• Upvote 1

I mentioned above that I'd never tried it, which isn't strictly true, I did once try to wheel a trolley out of the car park at Asda Garthdee, just to see if I could, and as I was approaching the red line, a crazy tramp came running out of the bushes and started yelling gibberish at me. I think he had appointed himself as some sort of Guardian Of The Trolleys, a bit like the troll in the 3 Billy Goats Gruff. It wasn't even words, just gibberish but it was obviously threats and he looked real fucking angry, so I just gave it to him cos he was nuts and a bit scary. Then he followed me all the way to the door, shouting more gibberish at me.

Anyway, that scared me off ever trying it again. If that's what you have to contend with to get a free trolley, I'll just carry my bags.

Must've been one of Asda's employees, surely?

Must've been one of Asda's employees, surely?

Nope. Matted shaggy hair. Big beard. Red face. Dirty clothes. Definite tramp.

That's a truly haunting tale. My top fear as a child was the troll from the 3 Billy Goats Gruff.

I won't be attempting to steal a trolley ever again - not that I was planning on it, but y'know... this just seals it in stone.

That was my favourite story when I was a kid and I used to get my dad to read it to me every night. My folks used to take me to Aden Country Park when about 5 or 6, there's one bit deep in the woods where there's a long wooden bridge across a river. Every time we went there my dad used to run ahead and hide under the bridge. Then as I was crossing it he'd yell "Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge!", to which I'd usually squeal with delight. Good times :up: Though it probably wouldn't have been your idea of fun...