aberdeen-music

This Town Needs Guns + Kartta, Sat 14th Feb Moshulu

Guest idol_wild

what a lovely gig!

y change costume - the greatest stage banter ever? Really good set, particularly the last track

cast of the capital - the second time i've seen them. really good, again the last track pretty immense

kartta - yeah! first time i've seen the new line up great set

this town needs guns - fucking hell! yas min

Moshulu is a fucking dump. I sat at one of the tables in the back bit for a while and the table/chairs were disgusting. The table looked and felt like it hadn't been washed in a week. My girlfriend put her bag on it and we had to peel it back off. Horrible.

As for the bands though, I only saw the end of cast of the capital as I arrived late. Sounded ok, bit overly bassy I thought. Y Change costume, I thought were ok didn't really impress me until the final song which was great though. TTNG were ace.

Generally though I was fairly annoyed as Moshulu was minging.

Moshulu is a fucking dump. I sat at one of the tables in the back bit for a while and the table/chairs were disgusting. The table looked and felt like it hadn't been washed in a week. My girlfriend put her bag on it and we had to peel it back off. Horrible.

As for the bands though, I only saw the end of cast of the capital as I arrived late. Sounded ok, bit overly bassy I thought. Y Change costume, I thought were ok didn't really impress me until the final song which was great though. TTNG were ace.

Generally though I was fairly annoyed as Moshulu was minging.

yeah it was fairly minging, the effort required to move ones feet from one patch of floor to another is pretty ridiculous...no self respecting nightclub/music venue should be in such a state, especially after a recent refurb (all be it a lame excuse for a refurb)

I thought the sound was balls apart from TTNG where it was decent enough not to make them sound shit. Wasn't impressed by it.

aye. it was awful, really awful. the drums one again sounded like they should belong in a Bon Jovi concert.

what was up with the kick during Y Change Costume? I swear i didn't hear any of the first song because of it. I hate Moshulu.

aye. it was awful, really awful. the drums one again sounded like they should belong in a Bon Jovi concert.

what was up with the kick during Y Change Costume? I swear i didn't hear any of the first song because of it. I hate Moshulu.

I thought it was even worse during the 3rd to last band, I couldn't even tell who it was. I walked in with like 2 songs left and it was just Baaaaaaaaaaass and drum. Dreadful.

Guest idol_wild
TTNG were excellent. They seemed pretty unimpressed with Aberdeen though.

Not at all; they rather liked it. They were just absolutely shattered and had to consider a 9 hour drive back to Oxford today.

They liked the sound they got onstage, too.

Not at all; they rather liked it. They were just absolutely shattered and had to consider a 9 hour drive back to Oxford today.

They liked the sound they got onstage, too.

Aye? Fair play then, was just that afterwards a couple of us were saying they didn't seem too chuffed with the reception they got.

That's nae supposed to be a dig at the promotion or anything else, for the avoidance of doubt.