aberdeen-music

This Town Needs Guns + Kartta, Sat 14th Feb Moshulu

Guest idol_wild

Guest treader.
I don't like you anymore.

Now, do you not like me because you like MCD and are bitter, or do you dislike MCD and the fact I'm seeing them has tainted your image of how awesome I am?!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
yeah, i know it sounds bad but its been a bit of a slog getting this one filled.

valentines and all that.

nobody seems to be free.

I'll offer you this amazing singer/songwriter:

Steven Milne on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

He's the biz, and chicks hate him so he'll be free on valentine's night.

I'll offer you this amazing singer/songwriter:

Steven Milne on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

He's the biz, and chicks hate him so he'll be free on valentine's night.

i am working the show on valentines night so your right, chicks it seems do hate me!

nah, in all seriousness, if anyone does want to open up let me know

x

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
i am working the show on valentines night so your right, chicks it seems do hate me!

nah, in all seriousness, if anyone does want to open up let me know

x

I'm not opening up to you ever again. The last time I opened up to you in the Schuh stockroom, you tried to take advantage of me in my vulnerable state...

I'll ask a few bands (already have, and keep getting the same answers...) to see if anyone's up for it!!

Went to the TTNGs show in dublin last night. It was in whelan's (the venue where Mr Debutant played on his jaunt around the isles). It was an odd line up, first support was a bunch of mentalists from the countryside somewhere in the vein of lightening bolt etc, seemed good but very loud. Up next were belfast's band de jour And So I Watch You From A Far, who i have been told great things about. Again they were blindingly loud but not as tight as i expected and a bit post-rock-by-numbers. I wasn't blown away but there were some good tunes within the sonic blast. Then TTNG came on, who, despite the fact most people were there to see the support, held onto the crowd. The poor sound hindered the clarity of the vocals and I immediately assumed i wasn't going to enjoy it. But they came accross as a likeable bunch so i perservered and was glad i did. Some really nice songs from a talented group of people.

So all in all an odd evening of entertainment. The aberdeen lineup seems a tad more suited to TTNGs sound!

Guest idol_wild
it was,Not an ideal support i think you'll agree? good luck with the kartta show!

They're both quite mathy and technical, only TTNG do it with a bit more finesse and less aggression. I think they work quite well together but I see where you're coming from.

Hopefully the other support act for this will be confirmed in a few days :)

Guest idol_wild
I'd like to see Y Change Costume open this after seeing them last week or whenever it was. They are a pretty exciting band.

I think I'm safe in saying that the third act has been confirmed as:

Y CHANGE COSTUME

Y change costume on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Local two-piece who blend simple pounding dancey drum beats with fuzzy, off-kilter basslines with yelpy vocals. They don't play nearly enough shows, so why not come and witness their frenetic live prowess? If you like Don Caballero, Gang of Four and Shellac, you'll probably appreciate this pair.

Tidy.

Login | Facebook

I think I'm safe in saying that the third act has been confirmed as:

Y CHANGE COSTUME

Y change costume on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Local two-piece who blend simple pounding dancey drum beats with fuzzy, off-kilter basslines with yelpy vocals. They don't play nearly enough shows, so why not come and witness their frenetic live prowess? If you like Don Caballero, Gang of Four and Shellac, you'll probably appreciate this pair.

Tidy.

Login | Facebook

I like to think of this not as a coincidence, but as a showcase of the power I have.