aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I like Thanksgiving because it means that there are NFL games to watch on both Thursday and Sunday of the same week. I'm generally ok with sport taking over from sitcoms because I love sport. I don't love baseball though.

They show the FA Cup final in place of Columbo on ITV on a Saturday afternoon. That's basically the same thing, right?

Just watched Season 1 of 'The Walking Dead' after picking it up dirt cheap in my local supermarket. Or rather, it seemed dirt cheap until I realised it was only 6 episodes long. Ho hum. Great show in any case. I've never read the comic book so I can't get arsed about how accurately they have followed it.

they have chancged it about quite a lot but the creator of the comics is helping with the direction the show is taking, id suggest reading them anyway, i love them and im not really a comic person.

I'm currently watching the entire series of Twin Peaks from start to finish (currently at Season 2, episode 9 of 22) - then I'll watch the movie.

I hadn't seen TP in 20 years and it's just as good as I remember it, though the older me has less tolerance for the "silly" characters (e.g. Deputy Andy) and unnecessary side plots (e.g. Ed & Nadine, Leo's wheelchair confinement).

It's a landmark piece of television with just about everything thrown into the mix. Characters that are played purely straight (e.g. Big Ed, Sheriff Truman, Norma Jennings, Doc Hayward), to quirky (Agent Cooper, Pete Martell, Albert) to downright out there (Nadine, Killer Bob, Leland Palmer).

Twin Peaks isn't everyone's cup of tea - there's a lot of filler and sections that drag, but the really great set-pieces more than make up for it.

Go watch it!

• Upvote 1

I'm currently watching the entire series of Twin Peaks from start to finish (currently at Season 2, episode 9 of 22) - then I'll watch the movie.

I hadn't seen TP in 20 years and it's just as good as I remember it, though the older me has less tolerance for the "silly" characters (e.g. Deputy Andy) and unnecessary side plots (e.g. Ed & Nadine, Leo's wheelchair confinement).

It's a landmark piece of television with just about everything thrown into the mix. Characters that are played purely straight (e.g. Big Ed, Sheriff Truman, Norma Jennings, Doc Hayward), to quirky (Agent Cooper, Pete Martell, Albert) to downright out there (Nadine, Killer Bob, Leland Palmer).

Twin Peaks isn't everyone's cup of tea - there's a lot of filler and sections that drag, but the really great set-pieces more than make up for it.

Go watch it!

Currenlty doing just this, over halofway through season 2 now but for me this is my first time watching. I like Andy!

• Upvote 1

Watching all of House :) HMV and Play.com had the seasons on offer and I happily completed my collection. I love Hugh Laurie, and although it is getting a bit predictable (not enjoying Season 4 as much as the rest), I still enjoy it

I really enjoyed House, but have had season 7 sitting on my computer waiting to be watched and i've only watched the first couple of episodes. Don't really know why i've not watched them.