Conor Oberst - s/t

Glasvegas - s/t

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul

Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound

Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs

Charlatans - You Cross My Path

The Music - Strength In Numbers

Cardinals - Cardinology

Tried desperately to think of other albums to replace the last two, as I don't rate either of them higher thanjust Good so its a shame to have them in a top 10. Hasn't been an awful year though by any stretch but I hope 2009 is better!

Other highly rated albums:

Huaschka - Ferndorf

Well keen to hear this at the moment! Was just reading a review about it today.

My top 10 in no order consists of:

Andrew Bird - Soldier On

Born Ruffians - Red, Yellow, and Blue

Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.

The Dodos - Visiter

E.S.T. - Leucocyte

Harvey Milk - Life...the Best Game in Town

Parts and Labor - Receivers

Portishead - Third

Sigur Ros - Me su eyrum vi spilum endalaust

Torche - Meanderthal

I've been meaning to order this for months now - I've been listening to them on myspace tons over the past few months. I find them very derivitive, but they derive from all my favourites sources!

So it's affa good then?

I think it's great, yeah! Obviously they sound a lot like a weird mix of Kinsella bands...but that's only because they love a whole mix of Kinsella bands! I know some people that diss them for this; which is pretty much the lamest stupidest thing ever.

I still prefer the e.p 7" to the full length, though.

--

The Hauschka record is brill. Much better than the prepared piano i reckon.

Been an awesome amount of decent albums out this year!! My Top Ten:

1: Black Mountain - Into The Future

2: Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid

3: Dan Le Sac Vrs Scroobius Pip - Angles

4: Metallica - Death Magnetic

5: The Gutter Twins - Saturnalia

6: Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Sunday at Devil Dirt

7: Brian Jonestown Massacre - My Bloody Underground

8: Venom - Hell

9: John Mellencamp - Life, Death, Love and Freedom

10: Spiritualized - A & E.

Probably plenty i have forget but thats all i can remember the noo!!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
i like the gaslight anthem and hold steady releases too. the ga effort was literally the other day

I wasn't really aware of Gaslight Anthem (well I'd heard of them, but not really heard their music) till I heard them on Zane Lowe's show the other week, and was mightily impressed.

The 59 Sound is another album on the list of must buys. :up:

Gaslight Anthem are quite genius aren't they? I mean, they are stealing words, riffs and even the names of the women that Bruce Springsteen used to sing about, and throwing it at a market who haven't even heard Born In The USA. They are coughing up a storm with it as well, and must be making a managable living out of it now.

They really thought this one through. Respect.

Gaslight Anthem are quite genius aren't they? I mean, they are stealing words, riffs and even the names of the women that Bruce Springsteen used to sing about, and throwing it at a market who haven't even heard Born In The USA. They are coughing up a storm with it as well, and must be making a managable living out of it now.

They really thought this one through. Respect.

:laughing:

not going to take the bait on this one I am afraid, i'm too positive these days and well past getting on my high horse and whinging about whether a band makes a decision to make a living out of touring the world and writing albums. if I like it and enjoy then thats all that really matters to me.

:laughing:

not going to take the bait on this one I am afraid, i'm too positive these days and well past getting on my high horse and whinging about whether a band makes a decision to make a living out of touring the world and writing albums. if I like it and enjoy then thats all that really matters to me.

I agree. If the tunes sound good, I'm not overly bothered if it's totally unique or original etc etc. Top kudos needs to go to the bands who manage to create something "new" as such that sounds really good, but the truth of it is there are many many bands who have made a career out of ripping off other bands, and loads of them that have created some brilliant songs and music IMO.

:up:

Oh, don't get me wrong, the latest album is an enjoyable effort and they do it well. I like it alot. It's all very cleverly marketed though, or maybe I'm just looking into it too much.

Either way, they are just about getting away with it :up:

I bet Coldplay wish they'd have done something similar, but now they've got Satch breathing down their necks.

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Belle and Sebastian - The BBC Sessions

Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster

Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Sunday At Devil Dirt

Slow Club - Lets Fall Back In Love EP (its an EP but its 6 tracks so its close enough to count it)

Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree

The Mae Shi - HLLLYH

Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Angles

Los Campesinos! - We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed

In no particular order...

Emarosa - Relativity

Murder By Death - Red of Tooth and Claw

Frank Turner - Love Ire and Song

Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends

Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger

Funeral for a Friend - Memory and Humanity

Rise Against - Appeal To Reason

Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone

Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

but the clear favourite...

The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound

The obvious Springsteen influence/referencing doesn't throw me in the slightest to be honest, I'm far too busy enjoying what they're doing to worry about it. Enjoyable live act as well.

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Angles

Bob Dylan - Tell Tale Signs

Conor Oberst - s/t

Glasvegas - s/t

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul

Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound

Charlatans - You Cross My Path

The Music - Strength In Numbers

Cardinals - Cardinology

Tried desperately to think of other albums to replace the last two, as I don't rate either of them higher thanjust Good so its a shame to have them in a top 10. Hasn't been an awful year though by any stretch but I hope 2009 is better!

Take out Cardinals and slot Everything is Borrowed by The Streets in at second. Doh! What a fucking superb album that is.

Take out Cardinals and slot Everything is Borrowed by The Streets in at second. Doh! What a fucking superb album that is.

The only thing I've heard from that album is Heaven for the Weather and it bugs the tits off me!

I have liked earlier Streets stuff though, so maybe the rest of the album's good.... :)

The only thing I've heard from that album is Heaven for the Weather and it bugs the tits off me!

I have liked earlier Streets stuff though, so maybe the rest of the album's good.... :)

Heaven for the Weather is ultimate cheese so its understable if its just too much. The rest of the album is a lot more down-played and is probably my favourite of his/theirs.