aberdeen-music

Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

DJ Hand Solo plays metal at the metal night, what a crazy bastard.

What next, Roddy Woomble plays a folk tune at the folk night.........??

Seriously - the Roddy Woomble night is going to be a whole lot of fun - go buy your tickets :D

DJ Hand Solo plays metal at the metal night, what a crazy bastard.

What next, Roddy Woomble plays a folk tune at the folk night.........??

Seriously - the Roddy Woomble night is going to be a whole lot of fun - go buy your tickets :D

I fear we may be less folky than you're expecting.

We can folk it up though. Our keyboard player is bagpipe proficient...

I fear we may be less folky than you're expecting.

We can folk it up though. Our keyboard player is bagpipe proficient...

It's a folk/indie/rock night - I've seen you guys a load of times, and listened to your tunes loads of times.

I know what to expect!

The tunes that Roddy will be spinning will be more folky than anything else, but Edgar Prais and Headlight are clearly not folk bands. But it will mould in nicely. Trust me :)

My plans have changed. :up:

Before I opened the reply, I knew you would be saying something like that.

Delighted you're not coming ;)

My plans have changed. :up:

This could go on and on forever - I need to time my replies correctly so that 5 minutes before doors open, you change your plans to say you're attending... :)

Seriously - glad word is out that the last couple of nights have been good.

The first night in February went far beyond my expectations given the mayhem the snow caused etc. I think we could have been close to the 400 mark if the snow had stayed the fuck away. But it was really buzzing the whole night, and everyone I've spoken to said they had an ace night!

The Flood of Red one wasn't nearly as busy, but we only had 4 days to promote them playing live, and the admin side of things by APA/Lemon Tree took a while to get the ball rolling with tickets going on sale and their in-house promotion, but that's all sorted now, and means we have a reasonable time to promote all the upcoming clubnights. Even though it was less busy, it was still a really good night, and I think everyone who attended enjoyed themselves!

Hopefully the Roddy Woomble night will be as good :)

This could go on and on forever - I need to time my replies correctly so that 5 minutes before doors open, you change your plans to say you're attending... :)

Seriously - glad word is out that the last couple of nights have been good.

The first night in February went far beyond my expectations given the mayhem the snow caused etc. I think we could have been close to the 400 mark if the snow had stayed the fuck away. But it was really buzzing the whole night, and everyone I've spoken to said they had an ace night!

The Flood of Red one wasn't nearly as busy, but we only had 4 days to promote them playing live, and the admin side of things by APA/Lemon Tree took a while to get the ball rolling with tickets going on sale and their in-house promotion, but that's all sorted now, and means we have a reasonable time to promote all the upcoming clubnights. Even though it was less busy, it was still a really good night, and I think everyone who attended enjoyed themselves!

Hopefully the Roddy Woomble night will be as good :)

How many were there through the door at the Flood Of Red gig in the end? I thought you did a sterling job getting folks there at short notice.

:up:

134 paying customers in the end, plus however many were on the various guestlists. Lost a wee bit of cash in all honesty, but pretty much evened up with last month's one.

Hopefully it will be busier for Woomble! :)

In happy news, the official figure was actually 148 for Flood of Red - nae bad for 4 days' promotion :)

In sad news (very sad news), Edgar Prais have had to pull out of all future gigs for the foreseeable future due to the personal circumstances of one of their members, so they're out for the Roddy Woomble clubnight. :(

In happy news though, Panda Eyes have been added to the bill :)

Panda Eyes on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

And we may be adding a special treat for April and having 5 live acts*, watch this space...

BUY TICKETS HERE

Cheers,

Calum :up:

*not Shane MacGowan

• 2 weeks later...
Is Woomble playing live for the gig in April or just a DJ?

He isn't playing live, but he isn't just a DJ. How dare you. ;)

Na, he's DJing - playing a mix of folk/ceilidh/indie tunes - he wants it to be a party - should be a lot of fun!

The Lorelei, Headlight, Panda Eyes and Sons o' the Soil all playing live though - really looking forward to it :)

Tickets still available from Aberdeen Box Office

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : Exposure@Lemon Tree

Ignore the stupid html stuff on the page, don't know what's going on with the website - APA have been told.

Just click "Buy Now" to make all your dreams come true :popcorn: