aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Nice one!

Here's my predictions for the rest:

Hawks/BG

Colts/NE

Hawks/Colts

I can just see Rogers not being able to overcome that injury as well against such a terrifying defense. The other game could really go either way but my gut is saying that Luck is gonna prove himself ahead of schedule. Patriots are exceedingly beatable this year.

Very happy. Seriously.

He's a coach that players are willing to really put themselves on the line for. The last few years at the Jets are a blip on an otherwise outstanding career. Poor personnel choices, GM issues and some tough breaks made for a tough few years but there's not a single player on the Jets team that wasn't 100% behind Ryan. You can't say that of most coaches.

If he can nip the QB troubles in the bud as early as possible there's no doubt he'll do well. That's really his sore point. I dunno who he'll have as QB coach or OC but they'll be key roles.

It'l be interesting to see how they get on. If they have a strong defense and a rudderless Offense, it might prove to be the last HC job that he gets and he might be back into the DC/Defensive positional coach world again, btu I would tend to agree with ca_gere that if he gets the right people in place to support his QB and balance the team, then the Bills will benefit

Good news.

I'll admit, since I knew little of him my first and only thought "from the Jets? but they're dogshit." But all the Bills fans seem to be really happy about it.

Interestingly, Pegula (owner of the Bills and the Sabres) brought back Ted Nolan for a second tenure of coaching the Sabres, and he's considered to be a player's coach, one that player's will always work hard for. From reading about the Pegulas, that seems to make sense given what he seems to stand for.

Is he shit?

A couple of years ago he was being talked up as a potential head coach candidate but the 49ers offense struggled to make anything happen all of this season so his stock has fallen dramatically. I don't think he can be completely dismissed as a shit OC yet but he really needs to prove himself in the Buffalo job.

He got the blame for a lot of the problems the 49ers had this season. Probably a bit unfairly, most of the changes seemed to be to do with Harbaugh and Kap trying to play a system that the niners weren't set up to be effective in.

Roman's into running the ball and overpowering teams - might be a good look for the Bills with Rex in charge. 

Edited by colb

2 seasons in fairness.  Our offense has spluttered for two years and he can't exactly complain about a lack of weapons.

Got a run game that always got yards, a good pair of TE's (Vernon played like shit this year in fairness), Boldin, Crabtree and Stevie Johnson at WR.  Kaep runs like a fucking gazelle but Roman wanted him to play as a total pocket passer. 

The overall scheme isn't the main issue with Roman though, it's baffling decisions.  3rd and short time and time again he goes for a pass when the run game in that game would be averaging about 4-5 yards a carry.  You've got Gore who's been a tremendous 3rd down back his whole career or if you don't fancy that you've got Carlos Hyde who absolutely thumps the line on inside runs.

He wasn't the problem this season but he has been a problem for the last two.  He only got talked about for HC gigs because of our Superbowl run year when Kaep was new and no one knew what he could do (hiya Green Bay).  Since then he only got mentioned because of reputation, not results.