aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

I wouldn't take too much from pre season to be honest.  The only game the actual first string plays more than a few series is game 2 or 3 of pre season.  You never know who the different groups are playing against, sometimes a backup QB will put a great drive together but it's against the other teams 3rd string.

Just look at Blaine Gabbart leading the 49ers to a TD in the first pre season game.

I think Bills will be good this season but fall short because of the QB play.  Defensive line is going to be legit as fuck.

Manziel looked solid last night. Worked the pocket well, hit his targets and even managed to throw in a bit of Johnny football when it was needed. Bills started just all out blitzing every snap after they realized he was getting dangerous which threw him off slightly. He'll need to learn to read coverage a bit better but all in all a very controlled and quite impressive game.

Bills will average less than a touchdown a game by the looks of things. Their defence will haul them out of the hole and chug them along to an 8-8 season but unless their running game is as good as their injury list suggests it could be, they're gonna have a very Rex Ryan season.

At college he was ridiculous but the game there is much more fluid, so you can freelance more. I hope that he learns the system and to read defenses better as you say, so that he gives himself some room to do similar. His highlights looked solid and he showed some really nice throwing.

He looked really focussed and in control. At one point he brought one of his WRs over after a play which should've ended in a catch to give him some stern words. Next play he hits the receiver. Last season it was all about him and his scrambling/ability to make a play. Last night he looked like a real qb with some 'play to my strengths' mentality on show. Out of the boot leg he looks amazing. And, whilst we kind of take his scrambling skills for granted, he was shrugging off tackles very impressively for a relative newbie.

I said it last season, there's a lot of hype around him and a huge possibility of him being a bust, but his style of play is fantastic entertainment and if he can rise to the occasion he'll be great for the league.

Watched the full replay of us against the Steelers. GOod performance from Tyrod, EJ and Matt Cassel. I'm still favouring Tyrod Taylor, he definitely looked the best of the 3. Shame to lose Marquise Goodwin, since he needs to prove himself a bit more to the coaches. Freddie Jackson's first run of the pre-season was a peach, that man is truly a legend.

I'm starting to really like this NFL malarky.

I've lost any enthusiasm for the whole debacle. If he/the organization is guilty of cheating... ban him and revoke the win. If not, fire whoever made the case against them. As much as a Jets fan i'd love Brady to get fucked for the first 4 games and give us a chance, if there's no solid evidence either way, it's unfair to ban him.