aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
medichi

Metallica! 28th March SECC

arg.. why they not on sale any more? surely not sold out already?!

also 40 quid eh.... is meatloaf special secret guest support?!

EDIT: oh right, not on sale til friday for us mere mortals eh... d'oh! what a dumbass...

I had thought about it but I hate "in the round" style gigs and I also hate the SECC so that pretty much nailed it. I do like the new Metallica album though and I also like Machine Head and The Sword so I did waver a bit. 40 for this gig isn't excessive either considering the average for Arena gigs these days, same price as AC/DC. However for next spring'ish time I have tickets for AC/DC at the Manchester MEN and also Judas Priest/Megadeth/Testament at Wembley Arena.

Also looking forward to my 2 upcoming Edinburgh gigs, got Bullet For My Valentine/Lacuna Coil/Bleeding Through/Black Tide on the 9th Nov and Alestorm on the 22nd Nov. Also, Disarm who are coming to Moorings on the 15th Nov are worth seeing, quality up and coming band.

I had thought about it but I hate "in the round" style gigs and I also hate the SECC so that pretty much nailed it. I do like the new Metallica album though and I also like Machine Head and The Sword so I did waver a bit. 40 for this gig isn't excessive either considering the average for Arena gigs these days, same price as AC/DC. However for next spring'ish time I have tickets for AC/DC at the Manchester MEN and also Judas Priest/Megadeth/Testament at Wembley Arena.

Also looking forward to my 2 upcoming Edinburgh gigs, got Bullet For My Valentine/Lacuna Coil/Bleeding Through/Black Tide on the 9th Nov and Alestorm on the 22nd Nov. Also, Disarm who are coming to Moorings on the 15th Nov are worth seeing, quality up and coming band.

It's safe to say there's no Belle & Sebastian in your CD collection, is there?

In a bout of nostalgia for my teenage years, I'm going.

Saw them in 90 at the SECC, 91 at Donington under AC/DC and 94 in the SECC (when they were pish).

I'll have to grow my hair long again for even more nostalgia - although it may look a bit like Hog's hero, though....

It's safe to say there's no Belle & Sebastian in your CD collection, is there?

You would be correct there, though saying that I do have some unexpected stuff, never write anything off until I hear it.

Aye. Been spending all morning trying to get tickets but they sold out really quickly. Also didn't help that Oasis started selling at 10am so the whole server crashed.

Heaps of bastards on ebay are selling the tickets they've bought for double the price.

I've been at work and my mum has tried since 9am for 3 hours! Fucking cunts buying tickets to sell them triple the price when there are people who actually want to see the band