aberdeen-music

Grails

Jim Stax

Guest idol_wild

I have Take Refuge in Clean Living and I just haven't got into it yet. Yet. That was released this year too, productive year for them if they also have a full lengther out.

I have Take Refuge in Clean Living and I just haven't got into it yet. Yet. That was released this year too, productive year for them if they also have a full lengther out.

Yeah, been through the album a couple of times now and would say that this isn't normally my cuppa. Verging on 'prog' but stays just the right side of it. Some nice hooks though

Love this band. Got there entire back catalogue as far as i'm aware... along with a Black Sabbath cover off some comp. It's predomanantly 1 guy.... who has just joined Om. Is it just me, or does the bassline on the 1st track of the new LP start off sounding as if it's gonna play the American Nation Anthem... but doesn't. haha

canon hymn baby

Love this band, seen em a few times and they were absolutely outstanding. Still to this day one of the best bands I have ever seen. The middle eastern stuff is mindblowing live, but doesnt quite capture me on record.

Burden of Hope and Redlight are two classic "aberdeen" records for me

I'll need to check out this one, cheers for the heads up Jim

canon hymn baby

Love this band, seen em a few times and they were absolutely outstanding. Still to this day one of the best bands I have ever seen. The middle eastern stuff is mindblowing live, but doesnt quite capture me on record.

Burden of Hope and Redlight are two classic "aberdeen" records for me

I'll need to check out this one, cheers for the heads up Jim

Many a happy memory of Shaz n me in Drakes grinning like big grinny things with the PA a cranked well up taking our minds off trying to make the carpet appear like a carpet as well as balance the weekly books! I was reminded of this just a wee while back and had to dig my Grails stuff out!

The latest is a dark album though.