aberdeen-music

Remember Remember & Kitchen Cynics tonight!

Alan Cynic

I'll be able to get 'half-cut' later!

It's an event organised round an exhibition of work by folks at Gray's School of Art......I'm on tonight with Remember Remember, and there's more music tomorrow afternoon with Kathryn Sawers and others. It's the newish hairdressers opposite the Central Library (on the corner of Union Terrace/Skene Terrace). Think I'm on 8-8.30ish.

I hope so....emo fringe for me! Also, the chairs have nice tilting mechanisms......although for some reason there's a wee tunnel underneath connecting to the paper shop on Union Terrace which sells the nice pies & sausage rolls :)

hope you don't come a cropper tonight...

any wonderful electronics like last week?

A gig in the anthropological museum would've been great...but too late now, sadly!

Downstairs in the Tivoli would also be fun (but too expensive for insurance?).

Top floor of St Nicholas house?

The old ballroom under where Fopp used to be?

Winter Gardens?

On a stationary train carriage/inside an aeroplane?

Room with painted ceiling in Provost Skene's house?

Crematorium?

Old church hall (eg St Marks, beside the library).

Bon Accord baths without the water (a tad 'boomy', I suspect...plus it's a bit of a dive).

Snooker hall?

Belmont Cinema (but in a cinema, not the coffee shop)...or any other cinema.

a gig in the anthropological museum would've been great...but too late now, sadly!

Thought about that for many years and there's a nice room opposite. Why is it too late? The museums staying isn't it?

Downstairs in the tivoli would also be fun (but too expensive for insurance?).

Once it reopens. It's crazy being left to deteriorate

top floor of st nicholas house?

Inside or out?

The old ballroom under where fopp used to be?

I think this only exists in your head. If it does exist how can we get access?

Winter gardens?

Have thought of that one

on a stationary train carriage/inside an aeroplane?

Hmmm

room with painted ceiling in provost skene's house?

Hmmm

crematorium?

We'll make that your last gig and use all the facilities

old church hall (eg st marks, beside the library).

Yes, have thought of that one

bon accord baths without the water (a tad 'boomy', i suspect...plus it's a bit of a dive).

Another bloody scandal

snooker hall?

Balls

belmont cinema (but in a cinema, not the coffee shop)...or any other cinema.

came close to doing that but way to expensive

any suitable shops or venues where the outside world can see tantalising in and wonder what the fucks going on in there and then come in and try and nick things!

There is a ballroom which Fopp staff occasionally went into...Steve's film which was going to be shown when mickel mass played upstairs at the Lemon Tree was shot in it. It's not directly underneath Fopp....it's a couple of buildings back, but the Fopp folks occasionally had access. You can plainly see the building if you look from Union Bridge.

I think the anthropological museum is supposed to be moving out to Old Aberdeen..... but you might be able to access it before it does.

Not sure about the crem idea now, if I'm going to get burned!!!!

A bus might be good fun....maybe a 'mystery tour' out to a beauty spot.....battery-operated amps needed, or a wee generator

ps...thanks, Offramp for the nice words re the gig!!:up:

A gig in the anthropological museum would've been great...but too late now, sadly!

Downstairs in the Tivoli would also be fun (but too expensive for insurance?).

Top floor of St Nicholas house?

The old ballroom under where Fopp used to be?

Winter Gardens?

On a stationary train carriage/inside an aeroplane?

Room with painted ceiling in Provost Skene's house?

Crematorium?

Old church hall (eg St Marks, beside the library).

Bon Accord baths without the water (a tad 'boomy', I suspect...plus it's a bit of a dive).

Snooker hall?

Belmont Cinema (but in a cinema, not the coffee shop)...or any other cinema.

This are all wonderful suggestions! More!

Reading about the baths etc..., there was a thread about 'underground photography', or something - that listed all the old / abandoned areas around Aberdeen that would provide interesting photos. Is this thread still here somewhere? Alternatively, is there anyone that can / anywhere that can provide any information? I've seen some pictures of the Bon Accords baths, and they look amazing. Can anyone gain entry? I remember reading up on people have to break into places etc, which sounds like the start of a gory teen horror flick waiting to happen...so i'd rather stay away from all that.

This are all wonderful suggestions! More!

Reading about the baths etc..., there was a thread about 'underground photography', or something - that listed all the old / abandoned areas around Aberdeen that would provide interesting photos. Is this thread still here somewhere?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/32197-dereliction-abandoned-buildings-aberdeen.html