aberdeen-music

Rant thread

Lemonade

My rant is that Bank of Scotland are a bunch of useless cunts.

Started a new job this month and got "paid" last Thursday - only the money never made it to my account owing to a series of blunders between BoS and the payroll company - a Elgin based bunch of equally useless cunts.

My hard-earned is now sitting is a "suspense account" and it will take 10 days for the money to be returned to my employers.

This only came to light when my wife checked our accounts, which means that the bank knew of the error and never thought to contact us. Cunts.

My business is going elsewhere.

I hope they collapse and fucking disappear forever (after I've shifted my cash, of course).

Cunts

Started a new job this month and got "paid" last Thursday - only the money never made it to my account owing to a series of blunders between BoS and the payroll company - a Elgin based bunch of equally useless cunts.

My hard-earned is now sitting is a "suspense account" and it will take 10 days for the money to be returned to my employers.

This only came to light when my wife checked our accounts, which means that the bank knew of the error and never thought to contact us. Cunts.

I hope they collapse and fucking disappear forever (after I've shifted my cash, of course).

Cunts

What are they?

Cunts

I was "invited" to set up a new account (a while back now) - better interest etc...blah blah.

I said "I don't think so, you lot will fuck up my DD's"..."no, we can assure you that that won't happen - if it's all from a BoS account to another one - we'll transfer everythign for you, and you just have to close the other account"...."I don't believe you"..."It will be ok, rest assured"....I did set up the new account....and guess what. I still had a DD coming out of the old account.

CUNTS.

this is a great thread, you can't beat a good old rant. I rent with Simpson, Brebner and Partners and they have been ace, things get fixed when asked, the place has been decorated, queries answered promptly and politelly.

A friend of mine was with APS though and she also had a nightmare with them.

right some rants:

1) Those bastards that keep kicking my wing mirror and my neighbours mirrors off every weekend. I fold them in all the time and I have even had the situation when I came out in the morning to find my mirror still folded but the glass smashed, they must have folded it out, smashed it and folded it in again. Had it smashed 4 times (damaged another 8/9 times)this year so far and 6 times last year, police not interested and of course my insurance excess is more than getting it fixed so in the last 2 years I have shelled over 1500 on wing mirror costs. This doesn't cover the dents, kick marks, spit marks and pee marks on the car as well. If I catch one of these "amusing" chaps then they are going to get the kicking of a lifetime, myself and my neighbours are past the point of "reasonable" action.

2) My wife used an HBOS cashpoint but it didn't discharge the 200 she asked for. The appropriate forms were filled in and out own bank (Lloyds TSB) informed etc but it took them 8 weeks between them to refund the money and that was after more visits, phonecalls and letters than you can shake a stick at. There was a point where my wife was in lloyds and she was told to her face that the money was going back that afternoon, it then took another week before the money showed up.

3) Citylink, grrrrr. My PC gave up the ghost so I ordered a new laptop to get delivered to my work. Amazon promptly despatched it via Citylink so I waited patiently for it. The day of delivery came but no laptop so I checked the Citylink site and they had it down as delivered and signed for by a person I had never heard of. I checked to make sure that no person of that name worked anywhere in the building and called them, and again, and again. They flat denied that it had been delivered anywhere else, the driver swore blind it was delivered to my work and the City Link head office even suggested a work colleague must have signed for it under a false name and stole it. Luckily the place it had been wrongly deliverd to called up Citylink to force them to take it to the correct owner (ie, me) but otherwise City Link would never have owned up to screwing up. The other infuriating point was that when I chased up again a few days later know one had taken a note of the issue and I had to explain everything to another 2 people and as expected there was multiple occasions of the usual, "we will call you back shortly".

4) I don't normally trust government/council etc with my bank details but on moving to Aberdeen I decided to pay my council tax by direct debit, big mistake. I was working away a lot so my eye was off the ball but 3 months into the council tax year I noticed my account was very very low which concerned me greatly. The council had been taking the full yearly amount of every month and the grief on getting the money back was ridiculous.

5) On behalf of a friend, she has just paid her TV licence for the full year on her bank card which was a struggle for her as she is a student but has been ill for a while so hasn't been able to work. The idiots double charged her (nearly 300 of her account) and are telling her that they can't refund her for 4 weeks even though she has no money left for food for the month.

I have loads more but better get back to work!

"Thank you for calling Orange. Your call is important to us, and will be answered shortly."

"Thank you for calling Orange. Your call is important to us, and will be answered shortly."

etc.

The day of delivery came but no laptop so I checked the Citylink site and they had it down as delivered and signed for by a person I had never heard of. I checked to make sure that no person of that name worked anywhere in the building and called them, and again, and again.

I've had that as well with Citylink. Was getting a new phone delivered and checked their tracking and saw it had been signed for and was marked as delivered. Popped through to reception and it wasn't there, went back to my computer to check and looked the name up in the staff directory. No-one with that name here. Back to reception, we checked the CCTV and no courier came in around the time it said it had been delivered.

Decided to wait and see if it turned up a little later, after 10 mins I got a phonecall saying the courier had just walked in with it.

Fuck knows what happened. Dodgy though.

So last ngiht, had an ace tea then was going to change the front tyre on my bike to a nice new Fly Ruben and go and ride at Transition Extreme. In the process managed to puncture the inner tube and had no glue to fix it or money to get a new inner....gutted...

...so in a pissed off mood, I thought I'd finish off my career in Colin McRae DiRT. Only had 2 events left from tier 9 and 10 then I was 100% complete with maximum career points with no races done below Pro Am difficulty. Turned on xbox to find out my little brother, who insisted he was never going to play ther xbox, so he refused to let me show him how to change gamertags, despite me trying to show him several times and setting one up for him.....had come home from work, created a new profile in MY gamertag and overwritten my entire profile. Now have to start the whole fucking thing from scratch. I have no statistics, I'm back down to Tier 1 of 11, and I was generally not in a very fucking good mood!

ha ha.....

and you of course did nothing to cause [a?] woman to be "fucking mental"...

blame it on the rag, eh.

sheesh.

Haha, of course i'm far from perfect.

She loses the plot every year for no reason and decides we are over, done.

What the hell? And over the phone. Classy.

True.

Most of us are like bees and only attack when provoked.

Though some girls are actually just psychos (as are some men just that most men tend to hide it better).

I think your second line sums it up.

I'm not a psycho...... I hope......

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I reckon almost everyone must be a bit mad... just some people choose to not think about what they are doing/saying before it comes out their mouth.

Not that repressing your thoughts is healthy either... *looks towards the manly side of the room*

When you say that she looses the plot every year, does that mean she's done this several times on an annual basis?

Women always say we repress our thoughts. We're not mind readers though :)

And sometimes I just don't have anything to say. I generally think I try to communicate quite well, but it's a 2 way street.

Ah well, I guess that's the engagement out the window.

:down:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
She loses the plot every year for no reason and decides we are over, done.

What the hell? And over the phone. Classy.

Ah, that old chestnut, the "I think we should finish it" line. This is the point when they expect you to talk them out of it and say you'll try harder to make it work, because it's always all your fault.

My ex started to pull that one on an almost weekly basis, then I got pissed off with it and told her I agreed that we should split. It was worth it to see the expression on her face, so I claim victory on that one.

In short, I would tell the bastard bitch to fuck off permanently, leaving you free to find someone who doesn't play games.

:up:

apparently every single person has 3 psychopathic thoughts every day of their life.

it's having the mental stability to y'know...not do them that's the key.

if it includes Y fronts AND a dead body, is that two?....or just one?

actually, on a sort of serious note...I was watching hostel on Channel 5 the other day...and the (rather piss poor makeup, but gruesome none the less) "blowtorch to the eye" scene... I was thinking - there are people in the world that could do that without question.

I can imagine it - but never ever do it... or peeling off someone's skin and throwing acid on them...nasty.

(do you think I listened to too much Pungent Stench as a kid?)