aberdeen-music

Stone Temple Pilots?

Scootray

i saw them at the Barras years ago touring Purple and was ASTONISHED at how good they were live. seriously. i've seen a few bands, and they were fucking brilliant in a venue that size. you probably think i'm joking, but i'm not.

although last time i played them in the moorings, Flash came up and i quote: "who the fuck is this? it's shit."

so it's maybe not for everyone :)

I was just listening to Core this weekend in the car...how strange.

I liked Core and Purple (first two LP's)...

they did get a slagging for "jumping on the grunge bandwagon"...whatever that fucking means!

I think they've got some great tunes, and some ding ones too.

I too saw them at reading, and loved them...

If I stayed and watched a show for 50 mins I absolutly hated, I'd be slagging myself off for

a - being lazy

b - being stupid

c - looking for something to moan about (not unlike any other happy aberdonian looking for the finer things in life and not getting bogged down with negativity!)

but, I guess the only other thing on at reading when STP were playing were Carter USM or Mega City Four ?....didn't think so!

I was just listening to Core this weekend in the car...how strange.

I liked Core and Purple (first two LP's)...

they did get a slagging for "jumping on the grunge bandwagon"...whatever that fucking means!

I think they've got some great tunes, and some ding ones too.

I too saw them at reading, and loved them...

If I stayed and watched a show for 50 mins I absolutly hated, I'd be slagging myself off for

a - being lazy

b - being stupid

c - looking for something to moan about (not unlike any other happy aberdonian looking for the finer things in life and not getting bogged down with negativity!)

but, I guess the only other thing on at reading when STP were playing were Carter USM or Mega City Four ?....didn't think so!

I've no idea why I stayed to watch them - I've a feeling a mate wanted to see them so did it for him. It was 14 years ago so I haven't the faintest clue of my reasoning at the time - I do remember being quite far from the stage though.

Hell, I can't even remember if I did actaully stay the entire set.

Whether this makes lazy, stupid or a moaner is something only you can decide.

I've no idea why I stayed to watch them - I've a feeling a mate wanted to see them so did it for him. It was 14 years ago so I haven't the faintest clue of my reasoning at the time - I do remember being quite far from the stage though.

Hell, I can't even remember if I did actaully stay the entire set.

Whether this makes lazy, stupid or a moaner is something only you can decide.

so memorable that you can remember hating it so much though!

I remember shouting "fuck off" to nick cave, as I was itching for Nirvanna to come on....oh, how I look back with regret now.... ho ho.

stunning band. first two albums are crackers and parts of 'no. 4' are great too

saw them touring their last album at the barras and they were ace

glad they have reformed cause i couldn't stand scott weiland (one of my fave frontmen) being in velvet revolver any longer. they are/were a simply terrible band

• 4 weeks later...